Is It Possible? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Possible?

cheyannefan

Starter
Reaction score
Would if Saban trades down to get Denver's two first round picks and then trades those up to grab Cutler or what other QB is avaliable? Of course this would have to happen before the draft of in the early goings of the draft. It is a long shot, but a possibilty that has not been explored.

That's alot of 'if's', but an interesting idea. We'd probably need to break out the old draft chart and start tallying up the points of each pick to get a ballpark value

Wouldn't that be the same as just trading our pick to move up in the first place? I mean, if we traded the 16th pick for a package of picks that was of the same value, and then traded those to move up, isn't that the same thing as cutting out the middle man and trading our #16 straight up?

trade up

i say give up our 1st, 2nd, 4th into san francisco's 7th spot-look at the pick value chart. its fair. isnt the future qb worth it?

crowder_rules said:
i say give up our 1st, 2nd, 4th into san francisco's 7th spot-look at the pick value chart. its fair. isnt the future qb worth it?

Hell no, getting Cutler is not that important. Whitehurst & Croyle have the talent to be very good QBs.

Another way to trade up might be to package picks and players. Leaving the Denver scenario aside for a moment, assume we swap firsts with someone, and throw in a 2nd-day pick to boot. We have some players we could move.

Ricky Williams (worth a second?)
Sam Madison (worth a fifth)
Marty Booker (worth a third?)

That way we could swap with San Francisco, lose Madison (which we'd probably do anyway), lose Booker (if we get Givens, it's not the end of the world), and probably throw in a fourth. If my trade values are correct, it would be a fair deal and we could keep R&R in the backfield, and pick up a QB for once.

IMO, if we trade up, Ricky is gone before our 2nd rounder goes.

i think madison is worth at least a 4th rd pick. he may not be as good but hes better than alot still

Back
Top Bottom