Is It Possible!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Possible!!

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
That everything is the opposite of what we really think and this team has had great coaching and poor talent all along. Think about it when Wanny took this team over in 2000, by looking at the roster nobody thought they would do anything. I myself set my expectations as "they will compete for a wild card game". The team went 11-5 and won the AFC East only to be throttled in the playoffs 27-0 at Oakland. The expectations for 2001 went up but teams figured out how to completely shutdown Lamar Smith and the fins once again had no running game. This team won by throwing the football with QB Jay Fiedler and playing good, but not great, defense. I think Jay had like 5 or 6 fourth quater comebacks that season so I don't want to hear anyone telling me "the defense carried the team". What we considered an inferior New England team went on to win the AFC East and the Super Bowl that season. With the arrival of Ricky Williams in 2002 the expectations had sky rocketed. He was everything we expected him to be and more but an injury to Jay Fiedler cost us the season. When Fiedler returned, it was as if all of a sudden the rest of the NFL figured us out. You can single team Taylor and chip him and he can't get to the QB, You can put together long time consuming drives against our defense because only the corners can cover anybody and you can take away Ricky Williams and our offense is useless. Basically the year wanny took this team over he had the least amount of talent to work with (so we thought) and he had his best season. As the so-called talent started piling up the team got worse.

I suppose your theory is possible. But that still falls on Wanny since he has final say in all personnel decisions.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
The team went 11-5 and won the AFC East only to be throttled in the playoffs 27-0 at Oakland.

In that game, the team seemed to be totally psyched up to play... Oakland got the kick off and the D shut them down and Oaktown had to punt..

Feidler.. on the very first series threw that pick to Woodsen for which he ran back for the uncontested TD!!!!!

Right then and there, I felt the wind get blown out of the sails and the team pretty much gave up......

JMO

make that tory james who scored but fiedler also overthrew a wide open receiver on the right sideline and then in the red zone he threw that pick.....

Is it just me or does it seem that every time the other team gets the ball first, we get shut down?!!

Back
Top Bottom