Is it safe to assume | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it safe to assume

finsfan4life

In Dawn We Trust!
Reaction score
that Taylor Whitley is a bust. He's a third round draft pick and can't crack a starting offensive line that has been less than adequate to say the least. I know he's a rookie but he can't do any worse than Nails or Perry.

So you're saying a rookie is a bust because he can't beat out an 11-year vet?? I must disagree. And you can't label a rookie a bust his first year unless he gets cut, period.

First of all I didn't say he was a bust. I asked if it was safe to assume that he is a bust. Coming into the season I didn't think he deserved to be in the starting lineup, and quite honestly still don't. However, if he were to be in the lineup it would be hard for me to envision him doing any worse than Nails or Perry.

And I'm telling you no, it's not safe to assume he's a bust.

Wade Smith is only starting b/c Dixon got hurt. Whitley wasn't expected to come in and start, he's here for depth at the moment. Look for him to make a push to start next year if he has any talent at all.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
that Taylor Whitley is a bust. He's a third round draft pick and can't crack a starting offensive line that has been less than adequate to say the least. I know he's a rookie but he can't do any worse than Nails or Perry.

I think its a bit too early to call him a "Bust". Was he the best pick we could have had in the third round? Hell no.

There are Olinemen starting that were picked far after him. But in any case, from what I have read, heard, and seen, this poor bastard is likely just a backup. But it hes quality depth, then its ok. If he is inactive past this year, then yeah, I'd say hes a bust.

If you want to a bust, get any picture of Jamar Fletcher and stare at it. That, my good friends, is the epitome of a BUST!

Fletcher is a bust. Davron Williams and Eddie Moore got injured which is disappointing. Our draft class as a whole at this point would be considered a C-

Originally posted by finsfan4life
absolutely not ! he was drafted to add depth to the OL not to beat out Perry, though there was speculation might. But a bust in the 3rd rd would have been cut by now.

Way too early to say if he is a bust. Most OL do not start in their rookie years. We will know a lot more in a year or two.

You can't begin to start calling anyone a bust until the end of the 3rd year. Anything less is ridiculous.

As for Perry, he's clearly playing better than anyone on the OL at the moment.

learning from NFL coaches, and another year in the weightroom, and a good work ethic, could make the guy an all time great, i think it is too early to assume anything on the guy.

Back
Top Bottom