Is It Such A Bad Thing... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Such A Bad Thing...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...if our Dolphins go beyond all expectations this year and lose out on Tua?

That's to say that by some miracle we finish the regular season at the two spot in the division (under the f***ing Pats) and, with the help of key loses by other teams, we back-into the playoffs; then gain momentum as a result - that sh*t takes shape with every game...so much so that the freaking draft becomes a non-factor, then hell...!

There is nothing wrong with that thinking. So F the term Tanking! (We don't know really what will unfold in any given Sunday all-season-long.)

It is, of course, HIGHLY unlikely that things will turn out like I described, yet...let's wait and see what unfolds before us in 2019-20. That's fair right?

I'm very curious as to Flores' play calling and Rosen's - eventually our arm - performance as a second year quaterback in a new system.

Well...?

I think Andy Reid and company in KC will have alot more impact in the seedings, than our beloved Phins.

Not really.

The only bad thing about it is it means Grier and Flores have failed to put Ross’ plan into effect despite gargantuan efforts to do so. Would that call in question Grier’s ability to achieve his goals? Would it lead to Grier getting shitcanned, possibly the first sacking due to doing too well?

If Rosen leads this team to the playoffs with a roster with this many not so great players then I think we'd have the next Brady on our hands.

Sneaking into the playoffs with a depleted roster, but good QB play and coaching? Sign me up for that. With a playoff team and all of the cap space and draft capitol we have the sky would be the limits.

Oh yes HIGHLY unlikely for sure! I'm not at all saying that will happen. LOL. No way.

That means two major things would have to happen. First Coach Flo has always said they are not tanking. Although Grier and Ross stated earlier this year in so many words we are rebuilding for the future. So this meas TO ME, Grier will be rebuilding this team by trimming the fat (over priced, under achieving veterans) and replacing them with young, cheap, but hungry players. Coach Flo and his staff's job is to prepare these boys and play to win, however, with the lack of talent on this team, they should not be successful despite Flo's efforts.

Now, if this team wins and slips into the playoffs, that's a sign that we have an incredible coaching staff on our hands. Also, that would mean we have very good QB play as well. IMO,...NOT A BAD PROBLEM TO HAVE. The team is further ahead than expected, and they use their draft capital and cap space wisely to improve the team.

Are there close examples in NFL history to the never-will-happen senario I posted above?

In other words, has a team, in a similiar situation as we are now going into season, performed to a level during the season that landing them a playoff spot - when preseason predictions said it was impossible? Curious.

Also, there are not that many injuries on earth that will help propel this team into the playoffs this year :D

Nope...If we pick in the top 5 instead of 1, I wouldn't be mad if we traded out to like 10-14 and draft 2 O-Linemen and 3 Defenders in the first two rounds. I'll take Tua if we pick #1, but I think Rosen is as good as the other QB's coming out. Rosen's ceiling is higher than Goff's, and they were expected to go to the Super Bowl last year. Next two drafts were have two firsts, and who knows what kind of wheeling and dealing can go on for the '21 draft.

Now, if this team wins and slips into the playoffs, that's a sign that we have an incredible coaching staff on our hands.

We have not seen Flores do his thang yet during purposeful games. That's what I am most eager in seeing - Flores' play calling. If he turns out to be a wizard with creative, out-of-the-ordinary calls that work...my brothers, wins could come more readily. Or maybe NOT.

:lol:

I will likely be shocked back into reality at the finish of todays game - if Baltimore destroys us that is...a likely outcome.

:shame:

Back
Top Bottom