Is it time to go get a Center? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it time to go get a Center?

zullo1

Rookie
Reaction score
Connor Williams does not seem to be getting any better at shotgun snapping. Every day he's having issues. I wonder if it's one of those Chuck Knoblauch psychological things where he couldn't throw the ball to first. I mean snapping out of the gun shouldn't be that difficult for a professional athlete. Dieter's in a boot and who's next in line, Pankey?----Sheesh! Go get someone with some experience before the season is upon us, at least as an insurance policy.

I think they're going to wait until the 2nd preseason game. Lets see how Connor calls out assignments. The snaps will get better with repetition.

That's the issue too. There's not starting Centers or serviceable backups dangling from the trees. May have to try and swing a trade for someone who needs a receiver, RB or a TE. Won't get much for Bowden or Williams, but maybe a late draft pick and a Gaskin or Hunter Long could bring back someone worthwhile.

If it was September 5th I would be worried. However, he has had exactly 1 week of snapping in pads this off-season. Give him a few more weeks and see what happens. None of his snaps have been high, they have all been low. It is a fixable issue with reps. As far as I’ve heard there haven’t been snap issues while Tua is under center which is far more important.

I've had concerns about this move from the start. Take a quality guard and try to transition them into a centre risks weakening two positions with one move. Can only hope he improves in the coming weeks. We should still be shopping for a backup at least.

If it was September 5th I would be worried. However, he has had exactly 1 week of snapping in pads this off-season. Give him a few more weeks and see what happens. None of his snaps have been high, they have all been low. It is a fixable issue with reps. As far as I’ve heard there haven’t been snap issues while Tua is under center which is far more important.
Herein lies the problem. He's had 1 week snapping the ball in pads yet he needs to play at the level of guys who have done it their whole career. It's a massive task to carry this close to the season opener.

Back
Top Bottom