Is it too early to mention Leon Lett? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it too early to mention Leon Lett?

Is it too early to mention Leon Lett?

Yes...please wait another 10 years before bringing this up again. Oh the pain. The pain. For me, it was like this...

:( :) :D :eat:

:confused: :eek: :mad:

:cry: :yell: :fire:

I watched that game with two of my uncles. One is a Dolphin fan like me, and the other is a Cowboy fan. It was a great Thanksgiving -- one I'll probably always remember.

Re: Re: Is it too early to mention Leon Lett?

Originally posted by Nukeman

Yes...please wait another 10 years before bringing this up again. Oh the pain. The pain. For me, it was like this...

LOL.........ditto

that was one sick Thanksgiving......not to mention going outside and busting my arse on the ice.:eek:

Re: Re: Is it too early to mention Leon Lett?

Originally posted by Nukeman

Ahhh those are very sweet memories. I ran down my block screaming. :D

It's never too early to mention Leon Lett. NEVER.

My wife is a Cowpies fan, and I mention Leon Lett all the time when I am forced to watch the Cowpies play. In my opinion, he is the greatest Cowpie to ever play the game.

I can't wait until tomorrow when they will undoubtedly replay that priceless moment.

Originally posted by 1972
It's never too early to mention Leon Lett. NEVER.

My wife is a Cowpies fan, and I mention Leon Lett all the time when I am forced to watch the Cowpies play. In my opinion, he is the greatest Cowpie to ever play the game.

I can't wait until tomorrow when they will undoubtedly replay that priceless moment.

I hope your wife remembers who got the last laugh.

It's not often noted that the Cowboys recovered nicely from that 16-14 loss.

They won the next week. And the week after. And the week after that. They didn't lose again during the 1993 season. They won eight consecutive games. When it was over, the Cowboys were crowned Super Bowl champions for the second consecutive year. The Dolphins didn't win another game that season.

Trust me, I know that ALL TOO WELL. We have to hang on to whatever bits of joy we can when dealing with your 'Boys. And I have to admit I respect the true Dallas Fans that stuck with the team in recent years thru difficult times, which prob wasn't easy. Amazing what a little Tuna can do, eh?

I have a great deal of respect the true Cowboy fans who went through recent tough times and the lean times before Jimmy Johnson came around. It's too bad that Cowboy fans who mysteriously appeared just before Jimmy's first SB and mysteriously disappeared a couple of years back have given the true fans a bad name.

In addition to one of my uncles, my wife's brother-in-law is one of these old school Cowboy fans. They're die hard guys...

Trust me, I know that ALL TOO WELL. We have to hang on to whatever bits of joy we can when dealing with your 'Boys. And I have to admit I respect the true Dallas Fans that stuck with the team in recent years thru difficult times, which prob wasn't easy. Amazing what a little Tuna can do, eh?

I thought the 80's were the more brutal period personally.

It's so much easier to be a fan of a non-contender then a fan of a team that breaks your heart in the big game year after year. Losing is actually pretty easy with zero expectations. If you want to know wha it feels like having zero expectations, hire Dave Campo. You will know the feeling quick enough.

Originally posted by eboyer
It's so much easier to be a fan of a non-contender then a fan of a team that breaks your heart in the big game year after year. Losing is actually pretty easy with zero expectations. If you want to know wha it feels like having zero expectations, hire Dave Campo. You will know the feeling quick enough.

You speak the truth, grasshopper. The Dolphins break my heart (although not in the big game, necessarily) every year because of the expectations. We start strong as hell and then hit the December slide. This year feels different, though. Hard to explain. A lot hinges on tomorrows game. I just hope for an injury-free, hard fought, clean game - not decided by any bullsh!t refs calls.

You speak the truth, grasshopper. The Dolphins break my heart (although not in the big game, necessarily) every year because of the expectations. We start strong as hell and then hit the December slide. This year feels different, though. Hard to explain. A lot hinges on tomorrows game. I just hope for an injury-free, hard fought, clean game - not decided by any bullsh!t refs calls.

It won't be Madden. Who is the #1 CBs team? That is who should be calling the game.

Oh, boy. Sims and Gumbel. That's not at all like listening to fingernails scrape down a chalkboard.

Where have all the good broadcasters gone? These days, I like Kenny Albert as good as anybody. Even though he screws up like everybody else, at least he sounds kinda like Marv...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Oh, boy. Sims and Gumbel. That's not at all like listening to fingernails scrape down a chalkboard.

Where have all the good broadcasters gone? These days, I like Kenny Albert as good as anybody. Even though he screws up like everybody else, at least he sounds kinda like Marv...

You think he is normally bad, he is worse covering a Tuna game. Someone needs to tell him viewers aren't interested in the chronological history of Simms/Parcells.

Back
Top Bottom