is jason taylor the best DE in football? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is jason taylor the best DE in football?

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what do you guys think. he got 13 sacks last season and people think hes slowing down for it:shakeno: he might just have the fastest initial step of any defensive end in the game and he has very, very, long arms. so long that he can still grab the qb with a blocker in his way. he isnt very strong at all, but his work ethic and awareness are exceptional, not to mention his ability to make plays. do you think he can take over the spot held by micheal strahan for the past like 8 years? i agree strahan is the perfect body form and everything for a DE but is he still the best DE?

no i dont think Strahan is the best in the league anymore. Jason is by far the best...

I think Strahan is the best. He put up 18.5 sacks last year. Granted, they're two different positons. But I think Strahan's size, staunch run defense, and overall great play puts him just above JT. From 2000-2003, Strahan had 61.5 sacks. JT put up 54.5.

Can you name a DE opposite Strahan??

you guys think that this will be the year strahan breaks down, i do, hell be what 33, an evil number for alot of athletes,

I'll have to tip my cap to Strahan just slightly, because the guys the only real stud on that defense and he deserves some extra credit. Yet, Jason Taylor is only marginal centimeters behind.

My vote goes to "da freak" but he can never stay healthy enough to prove it.

Muck said:
I think Strahan is the best. He put up 18.5 sacks last year. Granted, they're two different positons. But I think Strahan's size, staunch run defense, and overall great play puts him just above JT. From 2000-2003, Strahan had 61.5 sacks. JT put up 54.5.

Can you name a DE opposite Strahan??

Yes, but Taylor has 262 tackles to Strahan's 229 over the same period. Taylor has 16 FF to Strahan's 12.
Taylor has 25 passes defensed to Mike's 13.
2 pass interceptions to none for Mike.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3968

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=2579

Now what does knowing the DE opposite to Strahan prove this time??? That he is better than Taylor??? :tongue:

Is there a great play stat that I'm missing??? I do remember Jason scoring a TD or two off of fumbles but they don't show that either.

To be honest I don't see that much of Strahan. Is he put in pass coverage and run down plays from behind as often as Taylor???

Another point I just thought of, maybe Strahan doesn't get to the QB as often with someone like Ogunleye getting there first??? :tongue:

you^ make some good points but the thing is you have to account for some of his sacks being coverage sacks...where as strahan will NEVER get one of those. i'd say he's had more than a handful of sacks caused from great coverage where as strahan has to get his asap cuz his defense is ****

Back
Top Bottom