Is Kyle Orton This Year's Ben Roethlisberger? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Kyle Orton This Year's Ben Roethlisberger?

He could be Big Ben because no one predicted Ben would
be as good as good as he was.
As far as the stats and what kind of throws he made,
I posted his stats. It doesn't read like a QB that sucks.

Purdue games were on here a lot here in Atlanta for some reason
and Orton played like a future franchise QB when I saw him.
Is Smith or Rodgers better? I'm not sure and I don't think
anyone else knows right now either. That was my point.

If you look at my post I compare him to Tom Brady.

Dphins said:
I think you have your scouting reports messed up Kyle Orton can make all the throws. He can fit the ball in tight spaces and at the combine he had the second strongest arm.

Nope, I have 5 in front of me and they all say the same!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Nope, I have 5 in front of me and they all say the same!

Look at sportingnews.com He has a powerful arm and was a perfect fit for purdues sysem. Weekness He locks on the primary reciever.

Orton is going to be a good QB in the NFL when he gets his chance. The guy has every pass in the book and then some. He is one of the smartest players, he reads the defense very well, not to mention he did all of his passing this year with the other team knowing they are going to pass the ball. That was like us 2 years ago. Every team knew we where going to run the ball but they just couldnt stop us. Every team knew that Purdue was going to pass the ball and still most of the time couldnt stop them.

Scouting reports dont mean anything. What do you think the scouting report would be on Feeley after last year?? It would be a freaking joke. If you actually watch the man play then you can talk about his arm. For those of us that have and do watch him. He can make a deep pass as well as anybody.

Orton started a decline at the end of this year. There where 2 reasons to that if you actually watched the games. First of all he was injured, happens to anybody. Second of all his recievers started dropping a lot of easy passes. If you watched the games you might see this and then realize why his numbers declined. He had a couple bad fumbles and that turned great season average.

Ok lets say he does have a strong arm, havent seen him play much, but back to the point, he has a strong arm but still has that slow release.. if u are expecting him to be big ben this season and take a team to a 13-1 record, then u are wrong. he may have a strong arm, but the slow releasea will kill if the oline doenst give him enough time. the averae is less than 2 or 3 seconds to get the ball out of there.

Finlandia said:
the same size and has similar throwing techniques, running ability, etc.

Ben Rothelisberger's Running Technique?!
can he even run?

Orten?.....Listen to the educated experts. The two most talented offensive players(though the talent may be raw) in this years draft....Matt jones and Adrian Mcpherson. Had jones continued to play wide out (which is where he was recruited to play) he would be a top five pick. Had Adrian not had any off field issues & been the florida state starter for an entire season there would be no question as to who the top quarterback taken should be. Stienburg may be an agent but he also happens to one of the best at evaluating talent. He called out the owners last year and told them all that they regret taking anybody over Big Ben, he is doing the same this year about Adrian....

If we draft Mcpherson we will have 2 Qb's that played hardly any Colledge Football!! No thanks.

Finlandia said:
I was wondering if Kyle Orton will be this year's Big Ben? He is about
the same size and has similar throwing techniques, running ability, etc.

I know the jury is still out on Eli and Rivers but will they ever be
as good as the "third" QB taken, Big Ben? I'm not so sure.
Marino was the "sixth" QB taken behind Eason and Blackledge.
What would have happened if we took one of those two guys
instead of arguably the best QB ever in Marino?

I guess it's a crap shoot is my point with Eli, Rivers, Eason, Akili, Smith, Rodgers, etc. etc.
You never know if the top drafted QB's will pan out.

Being an Auburn grad I can tell you that Ronnie is the real
deal and plays in the toughest conference in the US and is
ready for the next level. See "Tony Nathan".
If we could get Ronnie Brown and then Orton later, that
would be best scenario, in my opinion.

Check Ortons' stats-

Orton's Profile

freakin no..........
frye is the dark horse. rodgers and smith are the sure ones.

Yeah actually Ben is very mobile for his size, he's actually very dangerous when he rolls out of the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom