Is Less More After The Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Less More After The Draft?

Surprising that so many folks consider this draft a bust because we didn't take a QB, the Phins have filled so many holes on this team with smart good players and still analyst and writers find such negativity with this team. The Dolphins are quietly improving the roster.........you mean to tell me only a few of us see that?

If there wasn't a QB there that they thought could actually become a top 15 starter in the league, I see no point in wasting a pick just to "take a qb." I'm not sure if they had anyone they thought could be that guy once Mayfield and Darnold were gone.

We haven't won in a long time so nobody will give us credit till we do. I like the moves we've made this off season. Time will tell if we made the right moves

It's really been an amazing off season if you ask me. At first I flipped out because Ajayi, Landry and Suh were players I loved rooting for. But, as time went by and we started replacing them and their contract problems I started feeling better and better about things. I have been very over the top vocal about how the Dolphins get murdered in the TE game. The opposition's TE kills us all day while we counter with ZERO from our TE. That problem got fixed in spades. Mike Gesecki, the coolest TE prospect I've seen in 5 years will elevate this offense immediately. He will move the chains, he will sky way up and high point footballs and he will be a huge weapon in the red zone. Great job!!!!!! On D we brought in Minkah Fitzpatrick, the best FS in a long time to help fix the problems the D has been having. Fitz in the first and Gesecki in the second is the best 1, 2 punch I could imagine going into the draft. Jerome Baker will also help in covering TEs and RBs out of the backfield. He's got great speed and instincts and is a sideline to sideline type player. Durham Smythe is the best blocking TE in the class imo and will surprise on occasion in the passing game. It's almost incredible to think that the second pick in round 4 is Kalen Ballage!!! This kid is yet another great pick. He have to fight for snaps but this kid is too good not to see the field at some point. I'd guess that this draft will be considered a great draft when analyzed down the road.

Coach Gase seems to have fixed all the problems that ailed the team. People that think we are worse now than a year ago simply do not know whats happening, of course, this is my opinion.

It's really been an amazing off season if you ask me. At first I flipped out because Ajayi, Landry and Suh were players I loved rooting for. But, as time went by and we started replacing them and their contract problems I started feeling better and better about things. I have been very over the top vocal about how the Dolphins get murdered in the TE game. The opposition's TE kills us all day while we counter with ZERO from our TE. That problem got fixed in spades. Mike Gesecki, the coolest TE prospect I've seen in 5 years will elevate this offense immediately. He will move the chains, he will sky way up and high point footballs and he will be a huge weapon in the red zone. Great job!!!!!! On D we brought in Minkah Fitzpatrick, the best FS in a long time to help fix the problems the D has been having. Fitz in the first and Gesecki in the second is the best 1, 2 punch I could imagine going into the draft. Jerome Baker will also help in covering TEs and RBs out of the backfield. He's got great speed and instincts and is a sideline to sideline type player. Durham Smythe is the best blocking TE in the class imo and will surprise on occasion in the passing game. It's almost incredible to think that the second pick in round 4 is Kalen Ballage!!! This kid is yet another great pick. He have to fight for snaps but this kid is too good not to see the field at some point. I'd guess that this draft will be considered a great draft when analyzed down the road.

Coach Gase seems to have fixed all the problems that ailed the team. People that think we are worse now than a year ago simply do not know whats happening, of course, this is my opinion.
Bear in mind it's very very unlikely that each of the draft picks you mention work out. At least 1, most likely 2 will fail.

Bear in mind it's very very unlikely that each of the draft picks you mention work out. At least 1, most likely 2 will fail.

First, all the problems aren't "fixed," depending on the definition. All the major problems have been addressed. "Fixed" won't be known til January.
Second, I agree not all draft picks will work out, again, depending on the definition of "work out." If "work out" means All-Pro, no, I don't think all will "work out." Barring injury or untimely death, I suspect Fitz will be a better FS than anything Miami had last year and Gesicki will be a better TE than anyone Miami had last year. In the case of TE, the bar is quite low. As for Fitz, I doubt anyone thinks he won't be as good if not much better, but time will tell.
Baker? I'm on the fence. I see him, initially, as a passing down guy. That could be 'working out.' 3 down guy? I'm not as sure.
The good news is 1-2 of the remaining should stick and contribute. I call that 'working out.'

The only head scratcher for me was Jason Sanders. Just seemed like there were more accurate and consistent kickers available.

Other than that I was pleased with every pick, especially since we’ve been addressing DT after the draft.

Besides, as far as the national spotlight is concerned, under the radar is where I like us to fly :)

Back
Top Bottom