Is Madison being kept in reserve to help pay for O gun? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Madison being kept in reserve to help pay for O gun?

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We all know that madison's contract is too high, so why haven't the dolphins done anything yet?

My take here is that they are keeping the madison money as a reserve so that teams will look at their cap without thinking in terms of the dolphins cutting/restructuring madison to help pay for O gun or any of the other offensive guys.

It may be a smokescreen, or I may be overthinking it, but I think that Madison's # against the cap is the ace in the hole for miami's offseason plans.

IMHO,

Gator

anything is posible at this point with this team.

Ozzy rules!!

Good pt Gator.....at the same time if that's the case another point of view would be they need to hurry up and do it so that we have enough cap space to look attractive to some of these FA Oline guys...

He's willing to restructure but not willing to take a paycut. He's owed $8 million this year and $10 million next year. And, his play is starting to slip. Do you think the Dolphins really want to extend his contract? He's more likely to get cut once we are assured of having a quality defensive backfield under contract (ie - waiting until TBuck re-signs). It will also free up some money this year and a lot of money next year. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened after 6/1. Then he may reconsider the restructuring of his contract.

Back
Top Bottom