Is matt jones talented enought | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is matt jones talented enought

A guy makes a one hand catch ,and you all think he is god.He is not in shape to be A WR.He did do well at the combine,but put on pads and a helmet .That is a differant game...Wake up people..

Phinnhedd said:
eric crouch is 6'0, matt jones is 6'6, huge difference.
i wasn't referring to physical size, as i previously stated. thanks for your observation though... :shakeno:

i'm not saying i don't like matt jones - i'd love to have him on our team. i'm just saying i don't think he's worth where he is projected to go at. some of you guys are just ridiculous, saying he'll be the next jerry rice or randy moss or something...

and the comparisons to randle el are funny as well - randle el hasn't "blown up" the scene for hybrids.. in fact, sadly, he's probably the most productive, and just this year he finally made it to second WR. (due to plax's injury). will he stay there and put up #'s? we'll see.

but to blatantly say that matt jones will be the next superstar WR or TE is a seriously challenging assumption...

Krie30511 said:
Matt Jones' only problem is his motivation.... he's said to be lacking in that department.... but if he's talented enough?? the guys got all the potiental in the world... he's got everything going for him, height, weight, speed, & big play ability... I would love to see saban pick him up in the 3rd or fourth.... i think he'll be a steal!...
this is the team that couldn't motivate David Boston or Ricky Williams. ;) but i agree, i wouldn't mind picking Jones up in the later rounds. (nowhere near the first day).

I would compare Jones(6'-6") to Harold Carmichael of the Eagles (71-83) but I think Carmichael was about 6'-7" or 6'-8" anyways he was a damn good WR for being so tall.I guess what I'm saying is with Jones' speed he wouldn't be limited to just playing TE.

Did you all read the quote from Saban on Jones?

That should tell you everything you need to know about Matt Jones. Our head coach, who got to see Jones closely in the SEC said he was the best player in the conference.

I have no doubt Saban and Linehan are eyeing Jones in the 2nd round with the Surtain pick. the question is, will Jones climb into the first round.

LSU coach Nick Saban said, "Matt Jones single-handedly won more games than any player in the SEC."

South Carolina coach Lou Holtz called Jones the "MVP" of the SEC.

Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom said, "I'm pretty sure I never have seen one like him, and I coached in [the NFL] for a lot of years. I'd take him, and … real high."

Zook added, "Here's the thing about Matt Jones that people seem to forget because he is such a freak. He is one of the most productive players I've ever seen. It's all about productivity, and the bottom line is, this guy always makes plays and he makes' em when it counts and he makes 'em against everybody else's best players. He's a winner, he's productive and he's a freak. Our guys at Florida will tell you they never saw anything like him before and probably never will again."

Florida linebacker Channing Crowder, who should be a first-rounder next month, called Jones "a blazer, unbelievably fast," and nose guard Tommy Jackson said watching film of Jones and then stepping on the field against him was a lifetime experience.

"It's amazing that a guy that big, that strong and that fast is all in one person," Jackson said. "It's not fair."

Georgia coach Mark Richt called Jones the most deceptively fast player he had ever seen.

"On any given day, he could be the most dangerous player on the field, " Richt said. "You try to take good angles on the guy, and he's still past you."

Back to production. Arkansas quarterback coach Roy Wittke provided statistics that show Jones had 88 planned runs of 10 yards or more, 10 that were 50-plus yards. That didn't even count his 2004 stats, in which he had 33 scrambles on broken pass plays for 377 yards, an 11.4-yard average per carry.

When Saban said Jones "single-handedly" won more games than any player in the SEC, he also might have meant that Jones made almost every game competitive, even the defeats. He was the only returning starter on the Arkansas offense in 2004. The Razorbacks were just 5-6, the first losing season for coach Houston Nutt. But Jones kept the team alive in near misses against Texas, Georgia and Florida.

"This guy can make a play on you when you're doing as good as you can do," Alabama defensive coordinator Joe Kines said. "Texas had some pretty good people on the field, and they never laid a glove on him."

Just a little copy to back up my previous post. this is from the ESPN article on Jones. Basically, all of the coaches in the SEC know how good Jones is.

miamirw said:
Just a little copy to back up my previous post. this is from the ESPN article on Jones. Basically, all of the coaches in the SEC know how good Jones is.
good at what?

no one seems to answer that question...

good at running?? (because of his 40 time)

good as a QB? (i never saw THOSE scouting reports...)

what exactly is he "the best player" at?

Back
Top Bottom