Is Miami a lock for going to play-offs now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami a lock for going to play-offs now?

Originally posted by corona683
does the Dallas win guarantee us a spot in the play-offs?

To early to talk about a lock.

Our only chance at the division will come tomorrow. If Indy beats NE and we beat NE we are sitting on top of the east with 3 games to go.

If NE wins tomorrow and we beat NE next week we would be a game behind NE. With 3 games (for NE) remaining against Buffalo, Jxv and @ Jets they will most likely take the division.

So, for us to have a shot at the division NE must lose tomorrow.

If we do not take the division we will battle for one of the two remaining wildcards. Looking at Indy and TN the loser of that division race will hog one wildcard. The other will be decided between the loser of the north race, denver and us. Currently we hold the tiebreaker over Ravens (head-to-head).

Ravens, Cinncy, and Denver are one game behind us. If we would lose out on the division it would be best served if Cinncy takes the north. We hold the tiebreaker over the Ravens. So they need to make up 2 games over us.

I think in 8 days (after we played NE) we can determine much better where we stand.

Right now anything is possible - from the remote chance of being the #1 seed (KC needs to lose at least 4 games out of 5; TN and Indy need to lose at least 3 games out of 5) to the remote chance of not even making the playoffs (if we lose at least 3 out of 5 games).

My opinion is that we win the east and be #3 seed....possibly #2.

Originally posted by donshula
the Pats could lock up a playoff spot this week

Just plain wrong. Here's a possible scenario:

NE - win this week, then lose the rest, finish 10-6

Mia - win out, finish 12-4

KC - lose to Den, finish 14-2

Ten - win out, finish 14-2

Cin - win out, finish 10-6

Ind - lose to NE, Den, and Ten, finish 11-5

Den - win out, finish 11-5

Playoff teams - Mia, KC, Ten, Cin, Ind, Den

Can't the Pats fans send a troll that can count?

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Just plain wrong. Here's a possible scenario:

NE - win this week, then lose the rest, finish 10-6

Mia - win out, finish 12-4

KC - lose to Den, finish 14-2

Ten - win out, finish 14-2

Cin - win out, finish 10-6

Ind - lose to NE, Den, and Ten, finish 11-5

Den - win out, finish 11-5

Playoff teams - Mia, KC, Ten, Cin, Ind, Den

Can't the Pats fans send a troll that can count?

But I am sure there is a way if Baltimore Denver and Cincinatti loose this week then the best any of them can be is 10-6 the worst the Pats could be is 10-6 and without wasting my time checking into the Pats chances in a tiebreaker, It could be possible.

If the Broncos and the Bengals or Ravens lose this weekend, Miami will have a 2 game lead for the final wild card spot. Miami can't clinch a playoff spot until at least week 16 most likely.

Another thing to keep in mind is everybody is figuring that the Fins have the tiebreaker over the Ravens, well that is head to head. If it comes down to a 3 way tie that may not be the case. The RAvens could actually get the spot over the Fins.

You can check this out, if you like...

AFC wildcard mini-update (11/26)

It predates the Dallas game, but not much has changed. And it's accurate (I promise.) The short version:

Two more wins will not lock in a wildcard, but could with a little help.

Three more wins will lock in a wildcard so long as Denver loses once.

Four wins locks in a wildcard regardless, and takes the AFC East if New England loses once (besides to Miami), to anybody.

New England can secure a wildcard this weekend but only if FOUR other games go a certain way. SI has the details here.

To answer the question posed in the thread title...........NO!

I believe recent late season history of the Fins proves that nothing is "LOCK"

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
To answer the question posed in the thread title...........NO!

I believe recent late season history of the Fins proves that nothing is "LOCK"

How's that push for a better draft pick going up north, Clump?

Originally posted by corona683
does the Dallas win guarantee us a spot in the play-offs?
no, the denver loss last week puts us in, but no guarantee. miami does control their own destiny!;)

after manning kicks the crap out of the brady bunch..... and after we go up there and emabrrass the brady bunch, then beat mcnabb and troy vincent merciless... then we'll look pretty good

Back
Top Bottom