Is only football guys, isn't it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is only football guys, isn't it?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this might get move somewhere but I have to get this off my chest. I love our team as much as anyone here or anywhere else. I want to see them win it all again.(I was only a kid the last time they won).People are so upset with the fact we haven't won in 31 years and I know the feeling. I want to win too. But after hearing the news about that little girl found dead, we should all get our priorities in order.If an angel would come to me and say right now,"I'll give you 2 choices, #1 choice is that your team will win it all next year, choice 2 is that the little girl will be alive and well and with her family but your team will never win again". There's only one choice to make here and that is that who cares if we ever win again, as long as that little girl would still be alive.I have a daugther that's a little older now and she lives with her mom but she'll always be my little girl. But you don't have to be a parent to understand how hard it must be to lose a child. To any of you who are lucky enough to have your kids living with you, tell them how much you love them every single day and look after them cos believe me when I tell you, your kids are more important that who the dolphins take in the first round.I hope she's in a better place!!

Ozzy rules!!

I agree. If I had to make that choice, I would chose the girl too. I'm not a father, but I have two little sisters, and a girlfriend and there is nothing in this world that I wouldn't trade for their well being.

Can someone tell me why this girls death is so talked about? It's sad and all but people die every day in Florida...and all over.

Maybe I missed something? Guess I don't know the story.

Are you serious?

If an "Angel" asked me that question I would pick Miami without thinking.

I don't know her, so it doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, it's like 12 states away (who knows the real number). This happened (a kidnapping) around where i live and do you know what i did? Moved on, and watched Football (September through February is about football only).

B). It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care. Do you know how many people die everyday (the number is big)? I don't see anyone else sobbing over all those people. When kids are kidnapped/dead it's all over the news. When a man/women dies it's a blurb (unless it's someone important, but in fact they just have money). Kids deserve no special treatment.

I'm much more interested In whether or not Miami trades for Henson, Or drafts Rivers. That effects me, not this girl. I guess I'm in the Minority on this one (i can't imagine many agreeing with me) but I care if the dolphins ever win again. If Miami went 0-16 I would be super pissed.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/02/06/missing.girl/index.html

thats a piece of the news.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Are you serious?

I don't know her, so it doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, it's like 12 states away (who knows the real number). This happened (a kidnapping) around where i live and do you know what i did? Moved on, and watched Football (September through February is about football only).

B). It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care. Do you know how many people die everyday (the number is big)? I don't see anyone else sobbing over all those people. When kids are kidnapped/dead it's all over the news. When a man/women dies it's a blurb (unless it's someone important, but in fact they just have money). Kids deserve no special treatment.

I'm much more interested In whether or not Miami trades for Henson, Or drafts Rivers. That effects me, not this girl. I guess I'm in the Minority on this one (i can't imagine many agreeing with me) but I care if the dolphins ever win again. If Miami went 0-16 I would be super pissed.

I can't say that I agree, but I understand where you are coming from, I actually live in Florida and the only reason this girls face was plastered all over the U.S is because she belonged with a wealthy family who offered a 50 grand reward for her.

Women and children are captured, tortured, and killed everyday. It is horrible and I would always choose a human life over a game, but it is unfortunate that posts such as this one arrise solely because the family is wealthy enough to get some media time.

I grew up in a bad neigberhood and this little black girl disapeared for about a week, she finally turned up, chopped in a bunch of peices behind a dumpster in a garbage bag.
--I'm not sure if the people across the street ever heard about it, much less the whole entire U.S............

Are you serious?

I am rather shocked at this statement. Just the sheer lack of emotion about another life. I guess it would have to hit much closer to home for you to "care". Afterwards, I am sure you would wish some fin fan somewhere could be faced with an Angel with the opportunity to make that choice. Lucky for you, you are in the minority, and in that scenerio you probably would have your loved one returned. How ironic that would be...

Unbelieveable, that anyone would even consider a dolphin season to a life. A life...

I can't believe that nobody else has commented on this, I dont give a **** who it is if Football is more important to you then another human life you are one disturbed person, and are in need of serious therapy.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
I can't believe that nobody else has commented on this, I dont give a **** who it is if Football is more important to you then another human life you are one disturbed person, and are in need of serious therapy.
its not as bad as when somebody loses their life on the freeway and the traffic is backed up for miles. who's life is so damned important they have to drive the emergency shoulder while 40,000 people have to sit it out!:rolleyes:

there, i got that off my chest!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious?

Hopefully you will mature one day and see the error in this way of thinking. Hopefully it will just "click" with you, instead of learning firsthand by enduring the anguish of having a loved one die a painful death.

The fact that you would tell one of God's messengers to allow a man to brutally murder an 11-yr old girl for the sake of your football team winning a championship is simply mind-blowing.

How about this scenario. What if this was someone you loved. One of your own. And I was confronted by said Angel. Would you be angry with me for ordering your loved one to parrish in such a horrible manner for the sake of something as petty as a football game?? After all, I don't know her. And I don't know you.

Ask any Miami Dolphin the same question Danny posed. And I'll bet you'll get FAR more responses like mine than yours.

I see fisticuffs point.....just rephrase the question a bit.....Would you make the same choice to bring back an Afghani child or an Iraqi father to their families?

Originally posted by inFINSible
I see fisticuffs point.....just rephrase the question a bit.....Would you make the same choice to bring back an Afghani child or an Iraqi father to their families?

Yes if the question was asked of me I wouldn't care who it was, (of course ruling out sick *ucks like this guy, in that case I would root for a Bills SB win before I would agree to have his life spared) as much as I love football and my team I would never put that in front of any innocent persons life. It's sad that there are people that are that selfish that this could even be a consideration.

Just to add yes of course it is much easier to deal with a situation the farther removed it is from your life, but still a life is a life.

I think some of you are forgetting the point. Millions die each day, I'm sure everyone only hears about a small fraction of these people.

She made national news and now we must put our priorities in order? No, it doesn't work like that.

I'm sorry this happened to her, but it doesn't effect me. Shes one of many people this happens to.

People die, it sucks. Life goes on.

The fact that you would tell one of God's messengers to allow a man to brutally murder an 11-yr old girl for the sake of your football team winning a championship is simply mind-blowing.

By the time I save her life (through an "angel"), at least thousands have just died. I'm glad I did my part for humanity. It was worth it to have stopped (just a random number) 1 out of 1000 deaths. To bad for those other 999 people, I guess. It doesn't work like that. Wheres the threads about some guy being murdered because he didn't want to give up his wallet? It's no where to be found.

<--------------------Perplexed and Puzzled :huh:

I find it offensive that the original poster felt this was the proper forum for this type of conversation.

Comparing a hypothetical wish of winning the Super Bowl vs saving a little girls life is DISGUSTING, IRRELEVANT, AND COMPLETELY MORONIC!!!!

This qualifies as one of the stupidest threads ever created. And that's saying something. There's an entire team called the Oakland Raiders that specializes in stupidity.

Originally posted by PYPER
I find it offensive that the original poster felt this was the proper forum for this type of conversation.

Comparing a hypothetical wish of winning the Super Bowl vs saving a little girls life is DISGUSTING, IRRELEVANT, AND COMPLETELY MORONIC!!!!

This qualifies as one of the stupidest threads ever created. And that's saying something. There's an entire team called the Oakland Raiders that specializes in stupidity.

You completely missed the point.

What the thread starter is trying to say is to remember what's important in this world. That it's good to stand back and examine our priorities and make sure they're in order.

And I felt that it was relevant because we had the Amber Alert thread stuck up top all week. And it was still there when he created the thread.

Back
Top Bottom