Is our defense better now with pennington at quarterback? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our defense better now with pennington at quarterback?

thefranchisedef

Active Roster
Reaction score
2008, the year of miracles... A new team, A new philosophy, A new beginning. A season that looked as if we were going to start a young Chad Henne, we found a leader at quarterback. The best part about it, he made our defense better.

Chad Pennington is safe, accurate, and smart. The reason we made the playoffs in 2008 was because of our ability to not turnover the football. Sure we werent good on 3rd downs, and we didnt make much plays down field. But, we were able to sustain long drives and give the defense a much needed rest.

the difference between cp10 and Henne is henne is built to thred the needle. he can throw the ball anywhere on the field. The problem with him at quarterback is his timing and ball placement. Chad pennington has elite ball placement and timing. With Brandon Marshall, Anthony Fasano, and Davone Bess we have one of the best yards after catch teams in the league.

We all want to throw the ball deep. Believe you me, I SCREAM at the t.v. for a deep pass. Having a strong arm is HUGE in the nfl. You look at people like aaron rodgers, jay cutler, brett favre, and ben roethlisberger as the catalists of huge arms. I give you drew brees, tom brady, and phillip rivers as guys who dont have a big arm. They are great quarterbacks!

thats part of the reason I love Chad Pennington! I love what he did for us in 2008 and i love what he stands for. He is the true meaning of a leader. He will get the ball to our playmakers. he will be the game manager that this team needs. he will make us better offensively because he will let our playmakers make plays. He will let the defense play with good field position, and he will let our defense have time to breathe. No more 20 minutes of ball control. Back to doing what we do best, and thats not playing to win but playing not to lose!

Time of possession with Penny may likely increase with the dink and dunk.

If so, the defense will be better rested at crucial points in the game for sure.

It could work, I'm interested to see if it does, but gonna wait and see how all the pieces fit together for penny here...

Back
Top Bottom