Is our secondary not at any blame? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our secondary not at any blame?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
No doubt that our O-Line was the main reason we lost today, but come on, our secondary was being owned all day. I can't even count how many times the Colts were at a 3rd and long and converted because of poor coverage or a missed tackle in the secondary.

I mean come on, Manning passed for nearly 300 yds with ease. We gave up so many big plays. Look at some of these plays:

Harrison catch, 30 yds
Stokley catch, 20 yds
Walters catch, 19 yds
Rhodes catch, 27 yds
Wayne catch, 12 yds
James catch, 14 yds

I'm not even listing Pollard's 51 yd grab either.

Our secondary couldn't do anything today. I don't remember a single time where our CB's broke up a pass, or knocked it down.

We have statistically one of the worst units in the league. We probably have the worst after todays game.

Why couldn't we cover Harrison? You'd think that if there was anybody on the field who shouldn't be left open, it would be him.... yet he managed to get 6 catches for 60 yds. He was wide open on every one of those catches.

I don't understand how everyone of our starters in the secondary is a pro-bowler, yet we are one of the worst in the NFL.

:fire:

Gonk.. you better not be serious... If you are.. You have stripped yourself from any respect you had on your insights..

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pollards play was lucky BS on a tipped ball....i think Brock MArion played well, we also got coverage sacks, and two HUGE plays that forced turnovers, they gave the game to the offense on a silver platter and they didnt deliver

Madison should of had that InT early in the game.. Opportunities were not capitilized like they were in every other game this year.. Miami was still on the verge of winning it.. Against an excellent team

"I don't remember a single time where our CB's broke up a pass, or knocked it down."

Madison in the endzone ring a bell?

Miami has the best secondary in the league. Miami has been in every game this year because of the defense.

Originally posted by Sydor25
Miami has the best secondary in the league. Miami has been in every game this year because of the defense.

Yes but we were burned off tackle again today.

It's the same formula that caused this defense to tank in December. Those runs keep drives alive and the clock moving.

This was a disappointing performance of our line on both sides of the ball.

We gave up 117 yards on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom