Is our window closed? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our window closed?

Waddle is a perfect example of how bad Grier is. Trades back from 3 to 12, then goes & cough’s up 1 of the 2 future 1st‘s he just received in order to move back up to 6th‘s to pick Waddle. Everyone on this board loved the deal and pick. I thought that was stupid. I said at the time that Waddle is not Megatron, you don't move up into the top 6 to pick a non QB that is not GENERATIONAL. Now this year, the best player in the draft happens to be GENERATIONAL in Marvin Harrision Jr.. This is the time where you do this. Harrison Jr. should go No. 1 overall but will fall because of teams needing Qb’s. This is a case where you trade up into the top 5 and get your GENERATIONAL, non Qb, skill player by moving up, if another owner is stupid enough to in-fact trade with you but you do not trade up into the top 6 for a non GENERATIONAL non QB player!!

When your old like me it's hard to remember when you became a fan , but it was the longest game between the Dolphins and the Chiefs. Garo didn't go wide right

Waddle is a perfect example of how bad Grier is. Trades back from 3 to 12, then goes & cough’s up 1 of the 2 future 1st‘s he just received in order to move back up to 6th‘s to pick Waddle. Everyone on this board loved the deal and pick. I thought that was stupid. I said at the time that Waddle is not Megatron, you don't move up into the top 6 to pick a non QB that is not GENERATIONAL. Now this year, the best player in the draft happens to be GENERATIONAL in Marvin Harrision Jr.. This is the time where you do this. Harrison Jr. should go No. 1 overall but will fall because of teams needing Qb’s. This is a case where you trade up into the top 5 and get your GENERATIONAL, non Qb, skill player by moving up, if another owner is stupid enough to in-fact trade with you but you do not trade up into the top 6 for a non GENERATIONAL non QB player!!
We are good with Waddle ..he ain't going nowhere

Honestly the window isn’t opened until Miami can beat buffalo and win the the division. This team isn’t winning a SB by winning road playoff games

Tom Brady once said only one team walks away happy and it ain't the Bills

I like Waddle, he comes back from injury like none other, he’s been productive but I agree the trade up for him was way too much for a guy who is always banged up and, catches with his body too much, and goes through streaks of having mediocre hands.

We got a good team that was riddled with injuries. I like our chances next season

We have fewer picks because of 1) a reckless owner who didn't cover his bases and 2) trading a few picks for top tier current talent. I have no problem buying known commodities opposed to rolling dice. But that poster was saying somehow we HAD more premium picks than others which is just actually wrong.

And I think we've already established Grier doesn't suck at drafting. Waddle, Holland, Phillips, Hunt, Wilkins, etc. maybe positionally like OL, I could listen to that argument, but as a flat out sucks I would argue.
Dude what I said is that Grier has had more first and second round picks than any other team since 2020. Not sure why you keep bringing up just the last 2 years. Accept it bro Grier is trash

The window opened officially the second they signed Tyreek. That kind of shocked me because I was content with a slow and steady progression of drafting early and often with all those picks and working under the assumption that Tua was the dude. Had to pay off eventually with the embarrassment of draft riches, too big to fail!

I realize touting “processes” and “rebuilds” are just ploys by incompetent front offices to keep selling tickets, but I was actually fine with trusting a process after years of half-measures.

We got a good team that was riddled with injuries. I like our chances next season
Hey F, I was going to throw probabilities at you but, we don't have much of a sample size to do so. Looking at last year the biggest injury was to Tua, this year it was everyone else. At this point we have a coin flip. On the positive side, if you look at the injuries I don't think any training and or medical care could have prevented them. I still have questions about the J Phillips achilles, but we will set that aside.

So I see no reason to be optimistic in everyone eventually will be back and playing well. But the injury situation is not the largest question, the question is how will the team win until everyone comes back?

The Ever Hopeful VIPER

I wasn't a fan of Grier making that trade either...I think he wasn't impressed with what he'd get at 3 and so he got more assets but gambled that he'd get his guy at a later pick ....only to then have cold feet and ran to move back up...that screams to me of no real strategy...he was in the moment...I don't understand how you don't prepare for the draft by having 50 different scenarios and what you do in case such and such happens...if he did have it planned that way then i guess he values Waddle way more than we know because he didn't seem to like anyone that he could have gotten had he stayed put and kept the extra assets he had just gotten...

As far as the topic goes....it's all dependent on how we manage the cap and how bad players want to play here.

If all the players want is money (which is their right to want as it's a business)...then the window is closing fast...if they are willing to stay together even if that means taking less (like most pats players did for many years) ....then the window is open also for a good long while still...

But again...what do the players want?

Back
Top Bottom