Is Ryan Tannehill Better Off? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ryan Tannehill Better Off?

I won't say he's better off without Landry, but I think the offense has pieces in place that can mask the absences in some areas and maybe open up a few more opportunities that were underutilized before. My thing with players like Landry is: they're great players , but if your team can't find a way to be successful without them the team wasn't that great to begin with.

What the team is looking for at this time is to have a better offense with all the players we have now. The media is making it out to be as if we lost 4 super stars and replaced them with one player but that is not the case at all. Landry's gone.
But we've gained Amendola, Wilson,Gore,Ballage and Gesicki.
Pouncey's gone(thank God) but we got Kilgore and Sitton so imo our O-line is better not. Pouncey couldn't practice much and had too many penalties. Kilgore is just as good if not better and will practice which helps the O-line.
Sitton is still one of the best guards in the NFL.
Cutler is gone(thank God) and Tannehill is back. enough said there.
So, we "lost" Pouncey and Landry and got everyone else. How can we not have a better offense this year?

I don't think there's any way you can say we're better off without Landry. I'm not saying he deserves what he got paid, but it's a clear downgrade at the position, while still paying a pretty huge amount to wilson and amendola combined... and how valuable are they both going to be when they're probably going to be the #3 and #4 receivers?

That being said, the offense as a whole should be way better than last year just because Cutler and Pouncey aren't here.

Pouncey couldn't practice much and had too many penalties.
?

Actually Pouncey had 26 penalties in 93 games as a Dolphin
While the real penalty machine is Laremy Tunsil with
18 penalties in 29 games and at his current rate would double
the penalties Pouncey had

"In a move that left many Miami Dolphins fans scratching their heads, the team decided to move on from star receiver Jarvis Landry."

When that is your opening sentence, how can I keep reading?

Scratching their heads? No-brainer is more accurate.
Star receiver? More like fiesty over achiever.

As a person and as a football player I like and respect the kid.

As an integral part of my favorite team's offense I say no thanks.

I don't know about Ryan Tannehill specifically but I would say the Miami Dolphins as a whole are better off without Jarvis Landry, the football player.

Our offense should be better for not having to run everything through Landry. Tannehill will adjust to the new guys with only Wallace and Cameron where he previously struggled to click with.

What the team is looking for at this time is to have a better offense with all the players we have now. The media is making it out to be as if we lost 4 super stars and replaced them with one player but that is not the case at all. Landry's gone.
But we've gained Amendola, Wilson,Gore,Ballage and Gesicki.
Pouncey's gone(thank God) but we got Kilgore and Sitton so imo our O-line is better not. Pouncey couldn't practice much and had too many penalties. Kilgore is just as good if not better and will practice which helps the O-line.
Sitton is still one of the best guards in the NFL.
Cutler is gone(thank God) and Tannehill is back. enough said there.
So, we "lost" Pouncey and Landry and got everyone else. How can we not have a better offense this year?

I can't see how some think the 4 losses are significant. Suh? Yup. Landry? Debatable. Pouncey and Ajayi won't be missed. And Suh is on D, so, as for the O and Tannehill, yeah, I think overall, he's better off.

I think our OL is better but I don't believe any of the wrs we added to be better than Landry individually. Collectively I'm also not sure Wilson and Amendola are better than Landry. We'r better at rb imo

Loved Landry's fierceness and competitive instincts, but if he had done a better job of learning the playbook he might still be here. It didn't help that he wanted to be compared to the giants receive,r dollar wise, without the physical attributes. (speed)

If we got rid of Landry to run our offense through Amendola and Wilson then colour me disappointed. Am hoping Parker, Gesicki, Stills and Drake is the pecking order in terms of big play potential.

every question about 2018 season will not be answer until jan 2019

this offense will be much much better in spite of , or maybe even because of, Landry's departure.

Back
Top Bottom