Is Sage a legitimate option? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sage a legitimate option?

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
This topic was breeched on the big board, but I wanted to get some opinions from those I trust most on the subject.

Being an out-of-towner, I haven't had a chance to see Sage much other that in mop-up duty, and I haven't been terribly impressed with the little I've been allowed to see. But now, he's apparently being talked up to a certaint extent, perhaps because of the flash of potential he showed in the last game.

So what's the skinny? Is this guy worthy of being placed in open competition? Is his presence worthy of devaluing the QB search in the draft?

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of him in mini-camps, but Feeley should be the clear #1 until he proves unworthy. And certainly by the time training camp comes, he should take all the first-team snaps. He needs the work.

I really believe that our greatest detriment to last season was Wannstedt keeping the QB and OL competition open for so long, thereby depriving the starters of valuable practice time, and time to gel as a unit. I'd hate to see us repeat that this year.

Back
Top Bottom