Is Seau over the hill or just rusty. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Seau over the hill or just rusty.

BadFinRising

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Please just let him be rusty. but on that play where M. Pittman caught that 38 yard pass JR. looked like he was running in mud. I'm hoping that he got fooled by play action or he mis-read something so he was out of position. Is he damaged goods?

Originally posted by BadFinRising
Please just let him be rusty. but on that play where M. Pittman caught that 38 yard pass JR. looked like he was running in mud. I'm hoping that he got fooled by play action or he mis-read something so he was out of position. Is he damaged goods?

"It was a 1 WR #19 (MeShawn) 2 TE #85 (Dilger) and #88 (Dudley) set. It was a GREAT play call by Gruden. Gruden had MeShawn drag Madison over to and right in front of Seau, which of course is why Seau looked like he sucked on that play.

I some how think if we game planned like Gruden did with his team and players this play may have had a different out come. If we were playing our regular bump and run (Madison was at the LOS, but he didn't BUMP MeShawn until 4-yards down the field) MeShawn would not have been able to drag Madison when and where he did on that play. :D"

I can see we I'm going to have to keep that handy! :D

Oliver...

Don't take too much from preseason...remember, Ray Lucas looked like John Elway in preseason last year...But all the same, it's still not good feeling for you guys...that was Michael Pittman...You'll be facing better backs, and better offenses than that one

Guys,

Tampa was playing there second Game. We where playign our first. They are a week ahead of us. Game speed , even if its Preasason is way different than Scrimmage or prctice speed.

Originally posted by zonk39
Guys,

Tampa was playing there second Game. We where playign our first. They are a week ahead of us. Game speed , even if its Preasason is way different than Scrimmage or prctice speed.

yes, but they were only 6 days removed from playing in Tokyo...serious jetlag...you can look at it from both sides

It's not fun to see us give up a big play to a second string caliber player like Pittman..But it's not a big deal. I think it was more blown coverage then it was an issue of physical speed. He caught him from 5 yards behind.

There was a reason Seau was out there after alot of the starters went out. Hes still gotta learn.

Where they played last week has no bearing on this. It would have made a difference if there first team played the whole game. They played all there guys. They could have played on the Moon. I don't know if you played footbal, But practice speed and Game speed are completely different. Remember we dont tackle in practice. The Bucs had a feel for game situation, and we did not. simple fact.

Originally posted by zonk39
Where they played last week has no bearing on this. It would have made a difference if there first team played the whole game. They played all there guys. They could have played on the Moon. I don't know if you played footbal, But practice speed and Game speed are completely different. Remember we dont tackle in practice. The Bucs had a feel for game situation, and we did not. simple fact.
yes, i did play football...in fact, one of those years I played for a private school in your neck of the woods, Boca Raton...really gay school though, all the kids were stuck-up.

We are used to fast LBs - Seau is more of an old school big, pass rushing, OLB. He is not as fast as Greenwood or Moore or Derrick Rodgers. His speed is solely reliant on his ability to anticipate and be in position to make plays...

IMO he is not at the level of comforrt w/our D to play it at 100%, but that does not mean that Houston can take him for granted in Sept :D

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6494526.htm

''I was yelling pass all the way and then I took my eye off him for a second and he ran a chair route,'' Seau said, referring to the classic out-and-up pattern.

The season is over, wrap it up with a bow, we lost by 1 in a game that meant nothing, found a punter who did a damn good job, and Jr. Sucks, the left side of the line sucks, Jay is damaged goods, and things are going downhill....

Oh wait, I just looked at the standings, and its Ray Lucas who is pointing out that its preaseason, and we have no record as of yet.......

Seau was my favorite player to watch outside of the bills. A warrior in every aspect and a authentic nice guy outside of the field. My buddy is a SD fan and one of Seau's biggest fan. He said that although Seau,s tackling nos. were decent, a lot of them were after gains by the opponent. He said that the heart was willing but the body wasn't . Although my friend hated to see Seau go, he wasn't worth the $$$ left in his contract in his opinion.I will give Jr. the benefit of the doubt that it was his ankle. I would never underestimate the heart and spirit of a warrior.

In the only fin training camp I've been to I noticed that although Seau still hits as hard as a bull he has lost the spring on his legs when trying to contest a pass. This could very well be his biggest liability against a big TE or an elite reciever. He would very well need help from your db's for coverage if thrown to.

If healthy and w/ the help of Zach, he will still make plays but look for him to get burned every now and then. I still wish him the best but not against the Bills.

I didn't see the game and can't comment intelligently on why Seau might have blown that play, but I know Buffalo ran into exactly the same thing with Eddie Robinson last year. He just had nothing left in the tank. There is no comparison between a superstar like Seau and Robinson, who was pretty good in his prime but no star. The issue still crops up. Players do sometimes hit the wall as far as their career goes, and they do it without much warning sometimes. I'll be watching with interest to see how Seau comes along the rest of the preseason.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
It's not fun to see us give up a big play to a second string caliber player like Pittman..But it's not a big deal. I think it was more blown coverage then it was an issue of physical speed. He caught him from 5 yards behind.

There was a reason Seau was out there after alot of the starters went out. Hes still gotta learn.

Dis, is that pimp really wearing those colors in that pic? I saw this guy on Howard..he's a trip.

For crying out loud, it's the first preseason game. He's still learning the defensive scheme and the regular season hasn't even started.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom