Is Solomon Page amy good? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Solomon Page amy good?

Pete Prisco November 28, 2002

"There have been a lot of writers raving about Chargers offensive line coach Hudson Houck. And Houck has indeed done a good job piecing together the San Diego line, even through a series of injuries. That success has made it easy to overlook the fact that Houck had the makings of a special line in Dallas last year and that group got lazy and fat. Some say Houck's babying of the line is a big reason why players such as Soloman Page and Flozell Adams didn't reach their potential and why Larry Allen regressed. Page, in fact, is a player who almost certainly not be brought back by the Cowboys next season. He has not improved and all and he is said to have an attitude that has turned off the Cowboys brass. Houck was instrumental in getting both Adams and Page to Dallas."

Interesting....Been held back by the coach?

He is a masher, and has good lock and drive characteristics.......but I think he is a serious liability in pass protection.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
I would like to see him signed

I agree. At the very least we could always use more depth on the OL. The only question I have is that if he needs better coaching, is Wise really the man for the job?

Page has been described as a "coach breaker". He looks good, plays well and then seemingly for no reason takes a play off. Could well be his former coaching. Versatile in that he has played both tackles and RG. I want us to sign him because at the very least he is better and younger than Todd Perry and more experianced than Whitely/Jerman.

Back
Top Bottom