Is the Bill's Front Office More Dysfunctional than ours was? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the Bill's Front Office More Dysfunctional than ours was?

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
Year after year, we looked horrific. Do the Bills top that? Was ours worse with Ireland/Ross/Philbin/Sporano, etc...

Yeah it's pretty awful up here. You can pretty much sense the dysfunction from the top down in their organization. New owners, a vp (Russ brandon) with no football experience/no playoffs since 2000 and a GM who is a control freak and a total cut throat. Now the least desirable coaching position in the league.

Oh well not our problem

With the Bills and Jets mired in dysfunction with the Dolphins FINALLY getting their crap together under Gase, the Dolphins have a real opportunity to contend with NE for the next few years. Things are finally looking up in Dolphinland.

bills got good team they need good coach staff.....

That's a tough one. A big issue is that Doug Whaley wasn't involved in the coaching decisions of hiring or firing Rex

Over the years they were worse than us. As much as we bitch about Ross, Wilson was, the years before his death, a horrific owner. At least we had semi-good seasons. The Bills are in futility since 1999. That is now 17 seasons no playoffs. Hiring Rex was a huge mistake. They had a pretty decent defense when Rex came in and needed to work on offense. Now they are scoring points but the defense is shot to hell.

The Bills are not a horrible team. With the right coaching staff they could content for a playoff spot. Not sure how far Taylor could take them. I don't think he is the franchise QB the Bills want to rely on in the future.

As a Bills fan I would not be to fond of the ownership. Pegula has run the Sabres into the ground since taking ownership of the NHL franchise. Once competing for the playoffs almost on a yearly basis that team has sunk to one of the worst franchises in hockey. Under Pegula and Ryan as coach the Bills have gone from 9-7 and on the brink of a turn around to 8-8 and now 7-9.

The problem for the coaching search will be that Whaley is, so I heard, a narcissistic GM. He wants a coach who shuts up. There are not many quality coaches out there who just shut up. He may end up with retreats like Philbin or Sparano or a a return of Wade Philipps. Young and upcoming coordinators like Gase won't like that situation. Granted we do not know how Gase turns out. He may just be a 1-year wonder like Bowles with the Jets last year but the signs point the opposite way. He imprinted the team with his character and playing style.

TBH what they did with Taylor was ****ty. He was not the reason they lost against us. To bench him in the last game for a known commodity (EJ) was stupid. He may not be a franchise QB but he is definitely a QB you can keep and be competitive until you groomed another QB behind him.

I could see them promoting Lynn to HC. While I would think they should get an offensive minded coach promoting Lynn would be a mistake. After his promotion he is the one who demoted the starting QB for a backup with no secrets. The QB should always be the extended arm of the HC or OC on the field. I think the demotion broke the trust.

Will be interesting to see who they pick as coach.

My brother is a huge Bills fan... Even though we have been through some tough ****, the pain I see him go through is terrible. From the losing 4 straight Super Bowls to no playoffs since 1999 and the way the exited those playoffs on top of it. When Marshawn Lynch was going all beast mode in Seattle he would just hang his head... because his gf is a Seahawks fan and it stung that much more. Going 3-0 in 2011 and handing Fitzpatrick a boat load of money then to just finish 6-10 that year. No winning season from 2005-2013. Thinking that even the Browns have been to the playoffs more recently than Buffalo... I do feel really bad and it doesn't look to be getting any better.

Hard to tell what is going in happen in Buffalo. Right now the key decision maker in Buffalo is Whaley. If he hires the right coach Buffalo could break the streak. If he fails then he will be gone and Buffalo will get a new front office and coach.

I would take the stories with a grain of salt. The Buffalo News have terrible reporters that thrive on inserting themselves into stories. The national media is lazy and just prints what people on the News write.

I think it will get worse. That owner seems to be way too involved....he hired Rex and he fired Rex. The GM wasn't part of the process.

I see he know indicates Whaley will head up the coaching search. Perhaps it is turning a corner, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom