Is the Chicago game pretty much our season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the Chicago game pretty much our season?

I would say that our season is the next three games. We must win two of them. A loss to Chicago and a win vs San Diego would be better for us, even if it would be apocalyptic for the fanbase. Jacksonville is a must win.

4-4 with 4 division games left to play puts us in position enough to be relevant.

I like SD to go to the SB this year. Or INDY. not saying we can't beat them. I think we do win 2 of the next 3.

I hate being so damn close record wise to the stinking Jets...If we lose this game, there are alot more to be played, but if you look at history, we would probably be at or under .500 to finish the season if we go 2-4.

4 loses at this point would be very tough to overcome. It will most likely take 10 wins to make the playoffs this year. So if the Dolphins lose to the Bears they would have to go 8-2 the rest of the way. That is a daunting task for this Dolphins team with the schedule they have to play. In the AFC you have so much competition.

Currently there are 11 teams in the AFC that are ahead of the Dolphins. So things are not looking very good at this time.

No it wouldn't be the end. Its a long season and a lot can happen. Play all the games and find out who we are as a team.

Mathematically it is not a must win. From the point of view of the team's momentum and spirit, it could be.

If there is another "moral victory" then I worry that they will believe that they cannot win close games against good teams and just fold up.

BTW, how many "moral victories" does it take to win a wild card berth?

I would say that our season is the next three games. We must win two of them. A loss to Chicago and a win vs San Diego would be better for us, even if it would be apocalyptic for the fanbase. Jacksonville is a must win.

4-4 with 4 division games left to play puts us in position enough to be relevant.

Agreed. We must get to 4-4 and then plan on sweeping the division the rest of the way. That would get us to 5-1 in the division. It would also mean needing to win 2 of the remaining 4 games that are non-divisional matchups in the 2nd half. Basically we are going to need to beat the Pats on the road and finally beat the Bills. If we do that would have a shot at 10-6 and the division title should NE drop 3 other games aside from the 1 remaining with us.

None of that will happen though. This is a 6 to 8 win team and everyone knows it.

No, it wouldn't. I expect them to lose this week, but they would still be fine. Now if they lose to Jax too it's over. J David is right, need to win 2 of the next 3 to keep hopes alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your contributions to the forum but does it really matter at this point? We know what we are and what we aren't. We aren't the NY Giants and we are not going to the Superbowl this year or next year with the current regime. I enjoy watching the games but its the same old song with these guys including Tan. Unfortunately he has peeked... Philbin and Tan must go.

Doesn't matter, season starts after this game because Dion Jordan is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom