"Is There Any Doubt We Are The Best Franchise In The NFL" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Is There Any Doubt We Are The Best Franchise In The NFL"

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Mare is leading the golf tournament by two strokes over another former Dolphin Dick Anderson.

and players recently completed 3 homes that will be given to 3 needy families.

its seems we can do no wrong this offseason..... the last 3 offseasons have been 3 of the best from recent memory aside from the year we drafted Marino.

We found Jay Fiedler, brung in Wanny (11-5, 11-5), we drafted Chris Chambers, Travis Minor who can take it all the way every time they touch the ball. Morlon Greenwood who showed flashes last year. Deon Dyer who is going to be the best blocking fullback in the game. and to top it off we pulled off the trade of the century by getting Ricky Williams.

Drafted Todd Wade, Arturo Freeman, Jermaine Haley, Ernest Grant
- Kept a lot of our good FA's, Gardener, Bowens, Taylor, Madison, Surtain, Marion( twice), Mare
- Added some good coaches, Norv Turner, Jim Bates, Tony Wise, and Keith Armstrong. When you have a string of consecutive offseasons that are positive, you have a real chance to do something great!

3 great offseasons should yield a super bowl.

what do you guys think have been the best offseason moves we've made in the past 3 years?? I know i missed some so i'll let you guys fill in the blanks.

:eat:

I think you hit all the angles here. After a season or two you will be able to add David Bowens and Larry Chester to that list. Did you read that article from the Sun-Sentinel or Miami Herald about a month ago that when Larry Chester is ready, he will exhibit his incredible strenghth by demolishing the Miami Dolphin Bench Press Record. The record I think is 320 lbs 25 times. He said that it depends how he feels when that day comes. If he feels ok, he will beat it, but if he feels really good, he will demolish it.

Yeah, the guy can bench something like 680lbs. He'll destroy that record.

Also, I agree with everybody Crazy named......except JIM BATES. This guy is a thorn in my side. He needs to get his act together and put this defense in position to dominate games the way they're f*cking capable of!! This defense is built on speed. It can be a very aggressive/attacking/dominant defense. But Bates seems content to just sit back and let teams find our weak spots and exploit them, never once adjusting.

I know you can't attack all the time. That's not what I'm after. I just want this defense to go the route of Belichick's Patriots. You don't always know what they're going to do. And in the meantime, they're going to hit you in the mouth every chance they get while you're trying to figure them out.

Cool down Muck...You don't want a heart attack before the season do ya?!?:confused:

Besides...he has to be better than...oh say...someone like...Tom Olivadatti....Now THAT guy was a complete MORON:rolleyes: I never understood how Shula could let him stick around year after year...Oh Well...I think things have vastly improved.

:monkey: BILLS

:monkey: Jets

I thought our defense was better under George Hill than it has been under Jim Bates, although we've been a very good defensive team for many years now (Including the past two). I hope we do even better this year than last.

I agree Blitz. I liked Hill's style better than Bates'. That's when we were "THE SWARM". Hill would come after you and shut down the run. The only thing about George Hill's D that hurt us was the safety position. Playing FS in that system was so tough because the man was always in the box and yet he still had a lot of deep responsibility, since the CBs were always on an island. So we'd get beat with big plays and pass interference. But that's the price we were willing to pay. And at least there was some variation.

Back
Top Bottom