Is this circumvention of the profanity filter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this circumvention of the profanity filter?

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have been using the term "F'N" since I started. I have been told that this is a circumvention of the profanity filter.

is it?

The TOS isn't as clear. Is this up to the mods to interpret?

[mod]Please keep in mind that the problem you have is with the rules. There is no call for attacking the people enforcing said rules.[/mod]
I wouldn't think so. They sometimes think this place is a forum for Mickey Mouse Club, and not the Miami Dolphins.

I have been using the term "F'N" since I started. I have been told that this is a circumvention of the profanity filter.

is it?

If you were told by a staff member that it's circumventing the profanity filter, then I'll have to agree with them. It may not be as blatant as some of the attempts to get around the filter, but it's still an attempt to post a word that we don't allow. ;)

I wouldn't think so. They sometimes think this place is a forum for Mickey Mouse Club, and not the Miami Dolphins.
Immature? Or doing our job?

This is a family website and we want to prevent young kids from being exposed to that type of language. I know the popular complaint is that young kids hear worse in school and at home and that is unfortunate, but they're not going to be subjected to it here.

Not everyone appreciates having to read through post after post of nonsense and profanity. If we didn't have rules in place, this site would quickly spiral out of control and our members would look elsewhere for a place to relax and enjoy Dolphins football.

The rules apply to everyone, people have the right to either follow them or go elsewhere to get their Miami Dolphins fix. We hope that people can be grown up enough that they don't have to use four letter words to express themselves.

I don't feel that it is. I could give examples that WOULD be but I don't feel like getting banned. If that is then so would freakin' and BS and heck

I agree with Dan, my main concern with the TOS and its enforcment is the inconsistency. IMO, we should have a written out list of what is considered offensive and what is not. I know it would be prob. a huge list but it would avoid the possibility of people feeling picked on, or discriminated against. I see words like dam, with god in front of it all the time, awhile back I had said it was offensive and a topic was even made about it, and it was turned into a joke of sorts, IMO the TOS failed me. I see circumvention of the filter on a regular basis, and it doesnt bother me, but its a catch 22 so to speak. And one cannot retort with Mods cant be everywhere because I see them posting on the threads that I see things sometimes. Dont get me wrong, I love all the Mods, and I think they do a great job, except Stitches,:rolleyes:.

:hi5: j/k stitches, your my fav.:up:

For what it's worth, I wouldn't call "F'n" a circumvention of the profanity filter any more than I would "freakin'." It's self-censorship, IMO.

I agree with Dan, my main concern with the TOS and its enforcment is the inconsistency. IMO, we should have a written out list of what is considered offensive and what is not. I know it would be prob. a huge list but it would avoid the possibility of people feeling picked on, or discriminated against. I see words like dam, with god in front of it all the time, awhile back I had said it was offensive and a topic was even made about it, and it was turned into a joke of sorts, IMO the TOS failed me. I see circumvention of the filter on a regular basis, and it doesnt bother me, but its a catch 22 so to speak. And one cannot retort with Mods cant be everywhere because I see them posting on the threads that I see things sometimes. Dont get me wrong, I love all the Mods, and I think they do a great job, except Stitches,:rolleyes:.

:hi5: j/k stitches, your my fav.:up:

Guys, it's not rocket science. Just type out the word and if it is translated into ****, then you know it is censored. If you try to get past the **** by messing with the word, then it is circumventing the profanity filters.

We can't type out a list of words that are censored because all you'd see is *****. We did remove all of terms that have medical relevance a while back. Most of the rest are common sense. If a word can pretty much only be used to insult, demean or is strictly a vulgar word, it is probably censored.

That would actually be pretty funny

YOU cannot say the following:

and you def. cannot say:
***** !!!

:sidelol:

is it?

Bro please PM me the staff members name who contacted you that I can hear both sides.

IMO it isn't your ****in job to *protect* little kids. IT'S JUST SOME GOD DAMN MOTHER ****ING WORDS.

IMO it isn't your ****in job to *protect* little kids. IT'S JUST SOME GOD DAMN MOTHER ****ING WORDS.

You are more than welcome to not like the rules and choose to post elsewhere but you will not act like a 4-year old on a board that I am am Admin on and get by with it.

I'll be honest with you, I don't believe that's CTPF.

I can appreciate people self-censoring. And I don't believe that most people are blatantly trying to get around the filter. I think sometimes on 'our' side we see it and get the wrong idea, when in reality someone is doing what they believe is right by the site.

Simple misunderstandings. They will happen. We can get better in this area. :)

Back
Top Bottom