Is this circumvention of the profanity filter? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this circumvention of the profanity filter?

IMO it isn't your ****in job to *protect* little kids. IT'S JUST SOME GOD DAMN MOTHER ****ING WORDS.

....says the ballsy 17-year old internet tough guy.

Generally not a good idea to (belligerently) tell a proprietor what his job is.

Bad decision Boston....its ok to have your opinions about things such as this bro, but its never a good idea to confront a difference of opinions with hostility. You are right to a point, they aren't responsible for the minors on the board, they are, heck WE are responsible to keep the site a clean site due to the fact that it is viewed by the public on a daily basis. This site is viewed by hundreds of people every day that don't even sign up, but still see what we write and what we think. It is our responsibility as fans of the Dolphins to represent them with class.

"banned-no soup for me."

Nice ***** touch guys! :lol:

Wait, this isn't mickeymousenation.com?

Sorry ... just feeling goofy today. :rimshot:

By feeling goofy...you dont mean..inappropriate touching do you? WOuld that go against the profanity visual filter?
Please show the court where he touched you on this doll......

clear.gif

:boohoo: uh hyuck :boohoo: uh hyuck

Just a general (perhaps stupid) question, are we better off using profanity and letting the filter remove what it deems offensive or trying to find other words to use? Not circumventing, but using freaking for example.

I guess my question is: Would I ever get in trouble for using profanity and having it blocked out by the filter?

No.You would only get in trouble by circumventing the filter .Using symbols to purposely avoid the filter.For instance say a$$ instead of *** .

If you do it naturally spelling the word like its commonly spelled than its not against the TOS because the filter would do its job.

Everyone will know what you mean anyway.There is no need to circumvent the filter.

Its a widely misunderstood rule and a relatively minor one too but it keeps the staff busy.:)

....says the ballsy 17-year old internet tough guy.

Generally not a good idea to (belligerently) tell a proprietor what his job is.
Reminds me of an episode on COPS! where some guy was refusing to pay his tab at an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they wouldn't let him take some food home with him (despite signs that were posted that said this was not allowed). The police caught him a few blocks away and the manager said that he wouldn't press charges as long as he paid and didn't come back. Meanwhile, they had the customer outside saying how he wasn't ever coming back and the officer with him was like, yes, that would actually be a good idea because they don't want you back... it's no longer your choice, because you weren't able to follow the rules.

Back
Top Bottom