Is this even possible? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this even possible?

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Assume we make the deal with either Minny for 7 and 18, or Was for 9 and 25. Obviously more picks added to make it fair on both sides, but I just had a thought. Is there any chance we snatch Rodgers at either 18 or 25? I doubt he makes it past Green Bay at 23 (I think?) but I think it is a real possibility at 18.

Just thought I would bring it up, since nobody really has mentioned this possibility.

I agree. I believe Rodgers could be available late in the first, but if GB has a chance, they'll probably take him.

I wouldnt mind a draft of Ronnie at 7 (or Caddy) and Aaron Rodgers at 18.

That would look pretty sweet!

Yeah it could be very possible but i think Rodgers would fit better in a west coast type of offense

I'd rather take Campbell with one of those picks. Campbell throws the seam routes and the deep outs better than Rodgers.

Dolfan1000 said:
Assume we make the deal with either Minny for 7 and 18, or Was for 9 and 25. Obviously more picks added to make it fair on both sides, but I just had a thought. Is there any chance we snatch Rodgers at either 18 or 25? I doubt he makes it past Green Bay at 23 (I think?) but I think it is a real possibility at 18.

Just thought I would bring it up, since nobody really has mentioned this possibility.

There might not have to be more picks added to "make it fair" because the #2 overall pick is worth a LOT of points (2,600) where the 7 and 18 are worth 2,400 total and the 9 and 25 are only worth 2,070, so we would need ANOTHER pick (or maybe even two in WAS' place) just to get the value for our #2, and that's assuming Saban goes by the normal board and doesn't have his own pick value board

I just cannot see Aaron falling that far- even though all experts seem to think so. I mean, I cant see him passing 15 without a team like Detroit or Arizona trading up to take him, like the Bills did with Losman.

If we trade down to 7 or 9 and Rogers is there we should jump all over him. We shouldn't risk it and wait. Rogers is a good QB, I don't care if he is going to fall. Big Ben fell to 11 last year and look how good he was. I wouldn't even be upset if we took him at 2 even though there would be a riot on this board. I'm still not buying his free fall though. I think he could go 3 or 5.

sports24/7 said:
If we trade down to 7 or 9 and Rogers is there we should jump all over him. We shouldn't risk it and wait. Rogers is a good QB, I don't care if he is going to fall. Big Ben fell to 11 last year and look how good he was. I wouldn't even be upset if we took him at 2 even though there would be a riot on this board. I'm still not buying his free fall though. I think he could go 3 or 5.

Ben also had a good cast behind him, do you think he could've done that in say, Arizona? Plus, he started to struggle towards the end and was pretty bad in the playoffs

Chris Berman said that if San Fran doesnt take Rodgers #1 he could fall down to the middle of the 1st round.

Agent51 said:
Ben also had a good cast behind him, do you think he could've done that in say, Arizona? Plus, he started to struggle towards the end and was pretty bad in the playoffs
Oh, I'm not denying that, but the guy is still a good QB. He won the game against us with a perfect throw to Ward. I think alot of his success had to do with his team around him, but that doesnt change the fact that he is a good QB. I would love to have him on our team.

I know everyone is projecting Rogers to drop if the 9ers don't take him, but I don't believe it. He is just too good. I think TB would be all over him if he fell to them.

KB21 said:
I'd rather take Campbell with one of those picks. Campbell throws the seam routes and the deep outs better than Rodgers.

I agree, any combination of one of the 3 RB's and Jason Campbell would be nice. Jason also has experience and success running a pro style offense.

fishfan34 said:
I agree, any combination of one of the 3 RB's and Jason Campbell would be nice. Jason also has experience and success running a pro style offense.

I totally agree.

The problem with Rodgers is that he comes from a system (coach) that has had quite a few highly drafted quarterbacks who SUCKED. I'm thinking that the Tedford factor is scary. His webpage (http://calbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tedford_jeff00.html) says:
"Tedford has devised record-setting offenses at every stop. Under his tutelage, such quarterbacks as Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr and Kyle Boller have blossomed into high first-round NFL draft picks"

Carr is the only one I would want, and he still needs to prove himself.

Back
Top Bottom