is this good news for fins. defense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is this good news for fins. defense?

Originally posted by Tatonka

ok.. but what about in the second game? henry ate you up both games.. did they play the pass the second game?

and what is bates gonna say.. yeah.. we played the run.. but just got owned.. i dont know how much stock i put into "playing the pass or run"...

you line up and play what comes at you.. imho.. i mean.. it is not like all the LBS dropped back into the secondary and the safeties sat in the endzone.

While it makes sense for Miami to go into the game primarily concerned about the pass b/c Buffs passing game was playing well I think the main problem was that Miami's run D got owned. If I remember correctly, the vast majority of Henry's yards came off the edges. Specifically, to Rodgers side. Rodgers was not aggressive enough and got caught inside repeatedly as Henry would bounce it outside. My hope and belief is that Seau will correct that problem this year.

It had to be that we were playing the pass. We dont give up that many yards just because. I mean, we shut down Priest Holmes and LT pretty good, I seriously doubt Henry is going to be the problem if he's more of the focus.

wow how did this shift to fins off I think this is gonna be an interesting battle for the div between fins ,bills and pats.
the rest of the afce built there d up this yr to stop fins run game. this yr we'll try to get our pass game up to speed. bills looks like they want to mirror miami and pound the ball also. yes we have young wr's who need to take the next step cc and thompson. but the bills are in the same boat with shaw and reed. the one thing that would concern me most if i were a bills fan is how does bledso do without his safty valves in riemersma and centers drew has always thrived with his te. and now he does't have one and can henery handle the increased load he's gonna have to bear with centers being gone gary not that good rec. out of the backfield. anyways it's gonna be one heck of a season. peace

Bills fan who think losing Price isn't gonna hurt them are living in serious denial... They think Reed can pick up the slack... Big mistake... You don't replace a guy who cranked out over 1200 yards with a second year guy...

for everyones information. mcmicheals production didnt drop off becuase people got injured yadda yadda yadda. his production dropped off becuase norv discovered he was an excellent blocker and he changed his scheme around and had weaver utilized. that is why ricky started to get 200 yard games, cus the blocking between mcmicheal and konrad and the Oline was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom