Is this guy any good???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this guy any good????

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Dolphins | One Works Out - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:39 PT: The Palm Beach Post reports the Miami Dolphins worked out free agent FB/LB Tarek Saleh (Browns) on Friday.

According to his stats he's had 7 solo tackles and 3 assists in 4 years in the league. He also appears to be injury prone. So, without knowing much more than his stats show abou the guy I would have to say that he is definitely not "any good." In fact, I'd say he sounds pretty bad to be honest.

I have never heard of him. I doubt he will make our roster anyway since we have 2 good FBs in Konrad and Dyer.

The guy is a special teams monster. He led the Browns in special teams tackles for 2 years in a row. Which says something because there offense stinks and they punted a whole bunch of times. If this move means taking Zach Thomas off special teams and saving him for late in the season, then so be it.

i agree with ted on this one lets take zach the mac thomas off st and save him for the end of the year

Originally posted by TedDanson
The guy is a special teams monster. He led the Browns in special teams tackles for 2 years in a row. Which says something because there offense stinks and they punted a whole bunch of times. If this move means taking Zach Thomas off special teams and saving him for late in the season, then so be it.

Why does his stat line list only 7 tackles in 4 years then?

Well since tackles aren't an official statistic(God what year is it and they still don't really count them?) many publications have different numbers of tackles for different players. Some might not count ST tackles, some might.

I'm not really sure of it, but maybe they just didn't count some of them.....who knows when it comes to tackles in the NFL.

Some people are ridiculous with the stat. I remember seeing Dr. Z write about Baltimore. He counted Ray Lewis having like 7 tackles in the game, but the Baltimore stat people had him for like 13. Dr. Z said if Lewis was anywhere near a pile, he got credit for a tackle. You have to take tackle stats with a grain of salt.

Report on Saleh

"The Browns might have made a mistake when they quietly released Tarek Saleh. He was never going to make an impact on this club as a linebacker, but he was arguably the Browns' best special teams player.

The decision to let him go is curious considering Davis' passion for special teams. . . ."

We got so many good special teamers it's ridiculous.

We might have a better special teams than the Pats of last year.

Back
Top Bottom