Is This Really What The Game Has Become? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is This Really What The Game Has Become?

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
54-51 w time left? I find this stupid, not exciting. There is no tension in the game anymore. Wow.

It’s an average weekend at Oklahoma or Oklahoma State, or T-Tech, or West Virginia...pro mimics college ball these days. I wonder if Chip Kelly is itching to get back in?

54-51 w time left? I find this stupid, not exciting. There is no tension in the game anymore. Wow.
Well as a fan of a team who is happy with 15ppg I can see your point but that is pure jealousy. These were two QB we as Dolphins fans are hailing Marino for: gun slinging attitude.
Now we don't like scoring because it is done by other teams and we are sitting around waiting for our own QB to eventually reach that ceiling in another 5 or 6 years.

Yea!!!...Two young great QB's, on their rookie deals,with teams loaded with talent .
Great offensive play calling....there were some great defensive plays made last night..
just those teams had the offensive firepower to overcome them.
Did you not see some of those offensive plays called ?Masterful and attacking....
Nah..We don't want that crap here..we want the aqua and orange clown shoes approach...
15 points a game,no opening drives for TD's,and a rookie kicker who is probably our MVP.
on our way to another 7-9 season...GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

I don't watch much NFL, but I watched that game last night. What I like about the McVey's offense is how he lines all of his receivers up tight to the formation in bunch or stack looks - it literally gives every receiver a two way go. There are no isolation routes. That's difficult to deal with.

Add in the threat of a RB like Gurley and the play action is deadly. Jared Goff is a stud. He understands the power of a good play action fake, but he doesn't over sell it and cost himself critical milliseconds to get his eyes on the defense. All he does is show them the ball for a split second. Then his eyes quickly locate the safeties. That was a clinic on how the quarterback position is played at an elite level.

The game last night reminded me of a Marino-Marc Wilson shoot out in 1984...

It’s that there is no defense except for splash plays. The game has no drama to it as you expect everyone to score at will. Can’t get used to 50’s in points scores as a regular thing.

It’s that there is no defense except for splash plays. The game has no drama to it as you expect everyone to score at will. Can’t get used to 50’s in points scores as a regular thing.

That's the way the NFL wants it. That's the rules. Can't touch the QB's, can't hit receivers, and can't tackle RB's anymore.

I don't watch much NFL at all for several reasons, but I started that a long time ago. I don't miss it for what it's worth.

Then take out the defensive touchdowns if that makes you feel better...
I get it - it’s just the games don’t have the same white knuckled intensity that they used to. You just expect the team w the ball to score every time. Shootouts used to be great cause they were rare. Heck, our 24-0 comeback in the ‘81 playoffs is done every week nowadays.

I get it - it’s just the games don’t have the same white knuckled intensity that they used to. You just expect the team w the ball to score every time. Shootouts used to be great cause they were rare. Heck, our 24-0 comeback in the ‘81 playoffs is done every week nowadays.

I'm with you bro..but,you're like me,watching the new generation NFL,with a older generation eyes.....
but,....Those two teams last night impressed the hell out of me...Young,very talented,very well coached and i'm
really impressed with how those two teams were built in different ways.

I'm with you bro..but,you're like me,watching the new generation NFL,with a older generation eyes.....
but,....Those two teams last night impressed the hell out of me...Young,very talented,very well coached and i'm
really impressed with how those two teams were built in different ways.
Oh no doubt. I get that the game has changed. I just don’t find it as interesting as a 27-24 or 20-17 tilt with good play on both sides of the ball. As for the Rams and Chiefs they ARE impressive in this new world - for sure. I put it like this - if I was a kid now, growing up on the game, I am not sure I would get into it the way I did when you had a more balanced game and it was more rugged. I understand I’m getting older.

Honestly, the game last night was SUPER entertaining to watch. I get your point, but this is simply not the singular game to point out. No drama to you? I thought that game was very dramatic, very fun, very entertaining. To each their own, I guess.

Oh no doubt. I get that the game has changed. I just don’t find it as interesting as a 27-24 or 20-17 tilt with good play on both sides of the ball. As for the Rams and Chiefs they ARE impressive in this new world - for sure. I put it like this - if I was a kid now, growing up on the game, I am not sure I would get into it the way I did when you had a more balanced game and it was more rugged. I understand I’m getting older.

You know what,Royal?..Pretty sure both our old eyes would enjoy this newer NFL,if our team didn't go all clown shoes and constantly struggle to score 15 points a game
when most others are scoring 28-30....

Back
Top Bottom