Is this the only NFL board that doesn't load on game days? And you expect me to pay? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the only NFL board that doesn't load on game days? And you expect me to pay?

nosleep

Resident GIF Maker
Reaction score
Seriously.

This certainly doesn't make me want to actually PAY for any kind of VIP service with this board.

See you on the other Fin site!

Anyway

GO FINS GREAT WIN!!!!!!!

Don't let the mouse hit you in the a$$ on the way out

Seriously.

This certainly doesn't make me want to actually PAY for any kind of VIP service with this board.

See you on the other Fin site!

Anyway

GO FINS GREAT WIN!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem....Bye,Bye

He does have a point. Childish way to go about it, but he does have a point.

The forum gets extremely slow in gameday, and sometimes it doesn't load at all. It's been an ongoing issue for years now... and it's awful because it just drives you away from it, really. I rather use an IRC with general NFL fans, because that one is actually usable.

For all the positives that Finheaven has (and don't get me wrong, it has plenty), this one is a huge, gaping hole. And I'm not sure why it is; it's not like servers and sites can't be configured for huge loads of traffic. If you're not getting performance from a hosting provider, get an Amazon EC2 instance. Or set up your own infrastructure. Hell, I'll even volunteer to help the site admins with it if they want it. Just... get it fixed, please!

I haven't had one problem until just after the final second ticked off the clock. and I'm using Hughesnet. Anyway show me where Finheaven EXPECTS anyone to pony up 18 dollars for VIP from its members.

Actually today was the first time in a long time I came during game day and it was loading fine. A little slow but a lot better than plain not-working like it used to be in past years.

There are currently 660 users online. 452 members and 164 guests and 44 spiders

I hope you don't think that somehow justifies the performance of the servers. Because... it doesn't.

I won't talk about Amazon/Google/whatever, because obviously the infrastructure is not the same. But I'll give you an example more akin to this.

A couple of weeks ago I had to supervise a series of tests by a medical board. They handled about 800 students, simultaneously, using a web app on a localized server (meaning, using LAN). They had the works: heavyset servers (dual, quad-core processors at around 3 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, etc), 1 Gb wired LAN, the laptops used to take the tests were pretty decent... and the test broke down as soon as the students started.

After a few hours of debugging their configurations, app, etc., the solution was simple. A couple of misconfigured parameters in SQL Server, and a pathetic table that was meant to hold every single student's answers... without indexing. Yeah. Obviously after that, the tests went as smoothly as possible. By their hardware, they could've supported the entire student body (they did this on 10 different cities, around 800 students on each) even remotely, and the servers wouldn't have even blinked.

My point is, the numbers shouldn't matter. 600 simultaneous users is nothing. Nothing.

Hell, 6000 simultaneous users is nothing as well. You have to go to the 10s or 100s of thousands to even make a server notice.

FWIW, yeah, the server is running pretty well today. But it has been an issue, and is worth talking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with him. After a big win the site is always slow as hell. After 5 years I've gotten used to it. Things seems to be better today though.

I know not to even try during a game cause loading takes too long.
I love this site, but it is an issue. CAn't pretend it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom