Is This The Year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is This The Year!

PrOpAiN

It is what it is...
Club Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on this board, including the Lurkers. Yes that's right, the Lurkers too! For I once was a Lurker... for like a day or two. :goof: Once I saw what I was missing I had to come over to the darkside, or should I say the wetside. :confused: Nah, wetside sounds too much like the name of a bad Skinamax movie on Saturday.

Anyhow, I'm PrOpAiN and I've been a diehard Dolphan my entire life. I've been going to games since I was young enough to get carried in on my fathers' shoulders, at the OB. I'm by no means a fare-weather fan, infact I've never booed at any Dolphins player. I'm at the games year after year, and always stay till the clock says 00:00. I love the Miami Dolphins and they've always been a big part of my life. I've seen it all, the good the bad and the ugly. I however, have never seen the Miami Dolphins win it all. The most I've witnessed was when we lost to the 49ers in the Super Bowl.:sosad:

I think this might be the year the Phins go all the way. Just sit back and think about it, we've got it all. Think back to those seasons that we were almost there, but we were missing something. Even when we lost to the 49ers, we were missing that "shut um down" D. This year is different, come on do you feel it! :band: We have all the players, coaches, front office, fans and most importantly the Cheer Leaders. We have depth at pretty much every position, and our depth chart is filled with talent. This year's schedule doesn't look all that bad, which will increase our chances at home field advantage. You can't tell me that this place won't be going nuts for home field. It will be up to us to make sure we go to the Super Bowl, we have to be louder than the last two Raider home games*2. Please tell me what our weakness is, or who is our weakest link. IMHO, I would say our weakest link is our punter. However, even though he had a crap year last season I think he'll fair much better this year. My point being, when your punter is your weakest link that equals an automatic Super Bowl win. Barring injuries, I think this is the year we take it all the way. What do you all think, is this the year?

Nice to meet ya,

Welcome aboard. That's a helluva commentary for post #1. Is this the year? If I could tell you that, I would already be placing my bet in Vegas. The best team, personnel wise, doesn't always end up winning the SB. No matter how skilled a player is, they make mistakes. They're not perfect. As all football fans know, it only takes one mistake in one game to change the outcome.

Originally posted by PrOpAiN
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on this board, including the Lurkers. Yes that's right, the Lurkers too! For I once was a Lurker... for like a day or two. :goof: Once I saw what I was missing I had to come over to the darkside, or should I say the wetside. :confused: Nah, wetside sounds too much like the name of a bad Skinamax movie on Saturday.

Anyhow, I'm PrOpAiN and I've been a diehard Dolphan my entire life. I've been going to games since I was young enough to get carried in on my fathers' shoulders, at the OB. I'm by no means a fare-weather fan, infact I've never booed at any Dolphins player. I'm at the games year after year, and always stay till the clock says 00:00. I love the Miami Dolphins and they've always been a big part of my life. I've seen it all, the good the bad and the ugly. I however, have never seen the Miami Dolphins win it all. The most I've witnessed was when we lost to the 49ers in the Super Bowl.:sosad:

I think this might be the year the Phins go all the way. Just sit back and think about it, we've got it all. Think back to those seasons that we were almost there, but we were missing something. Even when we lost to the 49ers, we were missing that "shut um down" D. This year is different, come on do you feel it! :band: We have all the players, coaches, front office, fans and most importantly the Cheer Leaders. We have depth at pretty much every position, and our depth chart is filled with talent. This year's schedule doesn't look all that bad, which will increase our chances at home field advantage. You can't tell me that this place won't be going nuts for home field. It will be up to us to make sure we go to the Super Bowl, we have to be louder than the last two Raider home games*2. Please tell me what our weakness is, or who is our weakest link. IMHO, I would say our weakest link is our punter. However, even though he had a crap year last season I think he'll fair much better this year. My point being, when your punter is your weakest link that equals an automatic Super Bowl win. Barring injuries, I think this is the year we take it all the way. What do you all think, is this the year?

Nice to meet ya,

Welcome and to answer your subject line: Yes, this is the year.

We are too loaded. If you look at QB school this team looks like it is on a mission. It is loose, it is fun and comparing this team to last year's at exactly the same time (end of QB school) it looks so much further advanced.

Save up that money because we will be going to the superbowl.

:welcome: aboard!

As far as if this is the year...? Well, maybe we can think of it in terms of what kept us from it last year... I see 2 primary reasons...

1.) Lack of quality depth :goof:
i.e. Ray Lucas, Marcus Spriggs, C. Carter

2.) Lack of mental toughness :french:
i.e. Not overcomming the momentum change of blown calls by the Refs or special teams blunders... Also, not having a tenacious enough defense on the road...

If the Dolphins have successfully answered these questions in the offseason, then I would say the chances are damn good of a visit from Mr. Lombardi's Trophy :cool2:

If not... well then:lastyr:

However, until training camp starts we can only guess... And once training camp begins we can still only Speculate... And even when the season is in full swing, there might indicators along the way that the team has matured and overcome, but NO-ONE will know for sure until December rolls around...

So I guess we just have to wait it out and see...:eat:

Last edited by a moderator:
ProPain....that is a cool SN......I assume it has something to do with what our defense brings to Pro Player Stadium??

welcome aboard .....have fun. :D

Welcome to the board. Every year is the year and it will be till we win it. I guess I feel lucky that I saw our team win it all in 72 and 73 but it'd mean a lot more now cos I was just a kid back then.

Ozzy rules!!!

Originally posted by Danny
Welcome to the board. Every year is the year and it will be till we win it. I guess I feel lucky that I saw our team win it all in 72 and 73 but it'd mean a lot more now cos I was just a kid back then.

Ozzy rules!!!

Hear, Hear,

I want to also welcome you to the board, On top of what 13isgr81 stated, health is always a key concern..If this team can stay healthy and focus, they have as good a chance as any..

And it is nice to know, year after year, you have a team that's capable of making a SB appearance, some Fans can never dream like that, i.e. Cincy..

welcome aboard friend..

and apparently, you have received some misinformation that this is the year.. that is incorrect..

the year was last year.. but it didnt pan out.. sorry.. destiny's window is now closed.. please drive through.

:D

:jk:

Welcome aboard. I hope this is the year....because it is probably our last chance.

Welcome... just try to ignore the Bills fans... We have tried all kinds of sprays, traps, and poisons, but they keep coming back. Maybe we should try to call the exterminator...

My Sig

ProPain....that is a cool SN......I assume it has something to do with what our defense brings to Pro Player Stadium??

Thanks inFINSible, I really never thought about it that way. I made that SN for an online game that I play, called Tribes 2. That is me on the left killing a rival tribe's team leader named Kamikazi Samuari. That is a one shot kill with the Shocklance, a weapon that will kill the enemy if the shot hits directly in the center of the back. The background is actually of a map that I made called Prismatic, after Grand Prismatic in Yellow Stone. Prismatic Pics and info When I made that SN, I was my teams leader. Our team name is wow!(Wookiees Of War).wow! We were undefeated for over 18 months, and had the best players in the world. At one point I was Rated the #1 player in the world for Tribes 2 Siege, according to some stat tracking site. I then retired from competition, and handed everything over to a high ranking captain. I got so into this game I made my own player page.Propain's House Now, I just play T2 and Battlefield1942(Desert Combat Mod) for fun. I hear #34 also plays BF1942, I wonder what his player name is?

LOL @ The Beach Bum

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom