Is This True | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is This True

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
SOMEONE SUGGESTED ON ANOTHER FORUM .. THAT MIAMI AND ST. LOUIS ARE TALKING A MADISON FOR PACE TRADE... I HAD A HARD TIME BELIEVING THIS.. THOUGHT THE GUY WAS JUST MAKING THIS UP.. HE CLAIMS TO HAVE HAD A CONVERSATION WITH A PRODUCER OF A RADIO STATION IN ST. LOUIS.. AND HE HAD SAID THAT WAS SOMETHING HE HAD HEARD ... I DON'T BELIEVE IT .. CAN ANYONE VERIFY THIS.. I'VE BEEN NUTS ALL DAY!!! LOL !!!

Mod Note:
clear.gif
Relax Guy!

led-1.jpg
Mod Note: Lighten up on the caps lock...that is "yelling"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Pace wants a 20 million dollar signing bonus so I think the Rams are trying to shop him around some for a possible trade.

20 mill for a Offensive lineman gimme a break.

You would also need to give up more than Madison. A declining CB for a premier OT. Rams would want more than that

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
SOMEONE SUGGESTED ON ANOTHER FORUM .. THAT MIAMI AND ST. LOUIS ARE TALKING A MADISON FOR PACE TRADE... I HAD A HARD TIME BELIEVING THIS.. THOUGHT THE GUY WAS JUST MAKING THIS UP.. HE CLAIMS TO HAVE HAD A CONVERSATION WITH A PRODUCER OF A RADIO STATION IN ST. LOUIS.. AND HE HAD SAID THAT WAS SOMETHING HE HAD HEARD ... I DON'T BELIEVE IT .. CAN ANYONE VERIFY THIS.. I'VE BEEN NUTS ALL DAY!!! LOL !!!

If so, bye, bye, Todd Wade!!!

Tood Wade? They play on opposite sides of the line. I suppose form a financial aspect though, you are right, we could never afford both. More reallistacly I guess would be to shift Wade Smith to the right side and plop Orlando on the left. However, with a contract that big, Orlando and Wade would BE our offensive line because we would have no money left.

Hold up, let's use some common sense here. This means that the Rams would be sacrificing offense to help their defense, and the Dolphins would be sacrificing defense to help their offense.

Do either of those possibilities sound reasonable to you?

Ignoring the player valuation, wouldn't there be a serious cap hit for such a deal?

I happen to know for a fact that this is true, and the details are being worked out now. However is this does not work out there is another trade that involves sending Fletcher to the Ravens for Jonathan Odgen and their 2nd round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to know for a fact that this is true, and the details are being worked out now. However is this does not work out there is another trade that involves sending Fletcher to the Ravens for Jonathan Odgen and their 2nd round pick.

U r crazy no way the Ravens trade Ogden and a second for fletcher.:crazy:

I happen to know that this is all bogus because the Phins have a secret project to sign Richmond Webb and Anthony Munoz, put them in a time machine, and have them come out as the age 28 versions of themselves, and have THEM man the two tackle spots.

Oh, we'll also do the same to Dan Marino and Mark Clayton, too.

BTW, I read this on that same message board, by the way, so take it for what it's worth. ;)

as excerpted on www.phinzone.com about 1/2 way down the page. This is the only thing I've heard that actually references a real person/source concerning anything dealing with the Rams.

Dolphins Interested in Three Rams
February 25th, 2004
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports: Word out of South Florida is that the Dolphins could a keen interest in up to three members of the St. Louis Rams. On defense, we're told that the Fins are keeping a close eye on defensive end Grant Wistrom and defensive tackle Brian Young, both of whom are set to become free agents next week. Though the interest in Wistrom might prompt some to question whether the Fins are optimistic about keeping defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, the teams plan to tender Ogunleye at the highest level ($1.842 million), which would give them a right to match any offers he receives in free agency, plus compensation in the amount of a first-round and a third-round pick if someone else signs him. It's possible that the Dolphins ultimately could trade Ogunleye for something less than a one and a three, and the interest in Wistrom might arise from the reality that, in the end, the 2003 AFC sack leader could be gone.

Finally, we're hearing that the Dolphins still have an interest in Rams backup quarterback Kurt Warner, even as a trade for A.J. Feeley is poised to go down. Though the Rams have said they plan to keep Warner in 2004, it's possible that Mike Martz and company are merely hope to generate trade leverage. It's also possible that the Dolphins' interest in Feeley might be nothing more than an effort to squeeze the Rams into more realistic expectations. Regardless, Warner's contract poses a major problem for any team that might acquire him, and if Warner wants out of St. Louis he'll have to take a pay cut.

It'll never happen and we can't take the cap hit anyway so forget about iiiiiiittttttttttttttt.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom