Isabel and the Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isabel and the Phins

Smacks

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Well guys, some of you knew I was going to be in Bermuda for the game but Isabel decided it was a wrong time for my vacation.
I have been without power at home since Thursday. I had little options to where I could watch the game. At 8:15 last night my restaurants power was restored. I checked the fax phone and heard that irritating beeeeeee and I packed th baby, my wife in the car and headed to the restaurant. My father was already there screaming about Fiedlers INT. I made it in time for the Bills first possession. I saw a defense that had a 180 degree turnaround from the first 2 games and I knew Miami had the game. Yes, that early I knew Miami would win. Being a fan since 1970 seems to give you that instinctive feeling about your team.

If you never been through hurricane I pray that you never will. Isabel was only (lol) a catergory 2 when it came through and my area, Williamsburg, VA, it looks as if a war, tornado and tidal wave came through. Power to the whole area will take weeks to restore. People will be picking up their lives for months to come. My house escaped with some damage but nothing an insurance policy won't cover.

Everything is put in prespective because of Hurricane Isabel. But one thing that takes away worries and stress at least for a little while is sports. Watching the game last night did that for me and my family.

I'm glad now that Miami has a bye week this Sunday. I will have more Honey-dos then I can count.

Hey be gald that you didn't go to Bermuda, Fabian a Category 4 Hurricane, just went through there and really did a number. My sister lives there and it has been hard as they have Ecoli and other **** in the water, the causeway was beaten up pretty bad and Horseshoe Bay was hit hard too. St. Georges had a ton of damage.

Yeah Hurricanes are not fun, when I was little we would go on sudden trips to Miami from Jamaica, it was until I was a teen when I realised that we were escaping hurricanes and what damage they can cause on a small island.

Glad you and your family made it through ok

Cheers

paul

Back
Top Bottom