Isaiah Simmons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Simmons

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
This guy would fit well at LOLB, replacing Beigle. It's not that I don't like him or think Beigle shouldn't face competition at the position but I just don't see value in picking a LOLB instead of a Right Edge or QB or LT in the top 5.

Does anyone think we'd be even remotely interested with our 1st 1st?

I'm not even sure I'd take him with the Steelers' one.

Isiah Simmons is perhaps the most dynamic player in the draft. He is a bigger version of Derwin James and is easily a top 10 pick. I would say that if Tua, Young, Burrows and Thomas are off the board I'm looking real hard at Simmons. His ability to play multiple positions in in Miami's position-less defense would be a great fit...Safety, LB, he can rush...he is an elite level talent.

There are a few guys in this draft who are Swiss army guys, I only think Simmons is a possibility if we win 2 more games and pick 7-10 range. And that is only if a QB that we like isnt a available.

Shawn Wade is another one of those guys he can play corner or safety, good in coverage and can tackle. Doesnt have the run game and blitzing ability of Simmons but can definitely fit in the secondary which relies on fluid guys.

Chaisson is another guy who can play any of the LB spots (given the situation) see him as a Jamie Collins type

I would be happy if any of them came into the fold and game the D a boost of talent.

Simmons is the versatile Defender who Flores coverts for his defense. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Simmons is on Miami's radar. The guy can play multiple positions in the front seven as well as both Safety positions.

He's 6'4 230!

He's been mostly at LB lately.

We'll see what weight he shows up at. That'll dictate what he sees himself as.
Right now, he'd be perfect as a Will in our old cover 2 4-3 under. Or Sam, you know how that was flipped, the Sam had carry coverage and the will was a thumper.

He'd be great covering TEs is what I'm trying to say...

In our scheme he could also play SS and man TEs. Or play LOLB and blitz.

I just don't see the positional value at either position, though.

It'd be like $30k wheels on a Camry.

I think 4 is way too rich (for us) for him baring in mind the numbers of more pressing needs we have. We surely didn't blow this whole thing up for a linebacker. However I wouldn't put it past the FO to move around the board and pick him with a lower pick. Problem is although 4 is too high for us, he might be gone by 6 or 7, there's not much scope for us to make much in a trade back there.

So in conclusion, I don't think this will happen because the value isn't there for us. If he is to replace Minkah, then it's pointless using anything more than the pick we got for him we have too many holes to give up too much to move up.

Simmons really intrigues me. He’s been productive at every position he’s been asked to play on defense. I think if we stay at 4 he makes a strong case for being worth that pick.

Defensively, Simmons may be the most versatile player in this draft and would certainly allow us to give a ton of different looks with him on the field. He can rush the passer, cover, and tackle. I hope we draft him with our 2nd first round pick if he lasts that long.

Back
Top Bottom