Isaiah Simmons? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Simmons?

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if Isaiah Simmons has officially declared for the 2020 draft? I saw a tweet from Jordan Reid indicating Simmons actually declared before the season even began. Reid noted, Simmons did what Ed Oliver had done last year, by declaring prior to the season. Further saying that is the reason there hasn't been anything official from Simmons yet.

As of yesterday he had not announced officially.

But he is expected to come out.

You can't pass up being a certain top 10 pick.

He announced before the season started that it would be his last collegiate season and he'd enter the draft.

He'll go top 8, maybe even top 5.

If he does declare, certainly one of the more interesting players in the draft. Miami needs a quarterback, but if they didn't Simmons seems like such a perfect fit for a team that values "multiple" positions, switches etc. He's played edge, linebacker, safety and covering in the slot.

I like Simmons so much that I’d in no way complain if the Dolphins packaged #18 and #39 OR #18 and #56 to move up to between #8 and #11 to snag him after whomever they take at #5.

I‘m much more on board trading up from #18 to get someone like Simmons than trading up from #5 for a QB. It’s far more expensive and I believe there’s a strong possibility Tua will still be on the board at #5 anyway. I’d take that risk by standing pat. But there’s no chance Simmons will be available at #18.

If they were able to pull off Tua and Simmons while holding on to #26 (O-line pick) I’d be ecstatic.

Adam Schefter is reporting that Simmons has officially declared. Fantastic news.

Last edited:
Since Simmons is technically a senior & will graduate he does not have to officially declare. It happens with a handful of players each year. Also, he announced before the season & also made the walk during senior day with the rest of the seniors this year.

Since Simmons is technically a senior & will graduate he does not have to officially declare. It happens with a handful of players each year. Also, he announced before the season & also made the walk during senior day with the rest of the seniors this year.

Senior only from an academic perspective because he was an early enrollee. Redshirt junior in terms of eligibility.

Senior only from an academic perspective because he was an early enrollee. Redshirt junior in terms of eligibility.

Correct but they don't have to officially declare. They just let the NFL know they've fulfilled their degree requirements. Happened a few years ago with a handful of Clemson players: Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman, Artavis Scott, & Mike Williams.

If Tua wasn't an option I would take him at 5 and be extremely happy.
I would take this kid over any defensive player in the draft including Young aka future bust!

Last edited:
If we aren't taking a QB(Tua) at 5, then Simmons is the guy I want at 5 if we don't trade out.

If Tua wasn't an option I would take him at 5 and be extremely happy.
I would take this kid over any defensive player in the draft including Young aka future bust!
Would you go Simmons at #5 and take a chance on Eason or Fromm with another #1 pick?

Back
Top Bottom