Isn't it all about the W? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isn't it all about the W?

sawyerkuepker

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Isn't the goal to win every game you play? Not play absolutely perfect in every aspect of every single game but to just win every game? If we had the worst stats on offense in league history but won 12 games would it really matter? YA you can say we got away with one yesterday but who cares. We added one to the win column and not the loss. All we need to do is play good enough to win the game we
are in. A win is a win and six more and we're in.

Isn't the goal to win every game you play? Not play absolutely perfect in every aspect of every single game but to just win every game? If we had the worst stats on offense in league history but won 12 games would it really matter? YA you can say we got away with one yesterday but who cares. We added one to the win column and not the loss. All we need to do is play good enough to win the game we
are in. A win is a win and six more and we're in.

The problem is we do not take all of the games in a vacuum. Each game builds on the last one. You get better or worse (much easier to get worse due to injuries) but a good game helps with confidence...a bad games gives opposing teams ideas, like how the jags gashed us in the running game when we supposedly had a good run stopping defense...

The jags are a bad team, and as a UCF fan I love what bortles did last year, but love him even more from yesterday when he gave us 17 points...if we come out as flat as we did yesterday vs the chargers we will lose bad...

If you aren't pissed at the team for just the way they came out then you just enjoy getting hit in the face every week...

the only reason I even thought we would have a chance against San Diego is because they haven't won in Miami since like 82...they do not like traveling to the east coast, the jet lag is real going off the record...

I thought I read that Belichik is holding a PC this afternoon to announce the Patriots are going to give back that feeble performance against the Raiders at home and move back in the standings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, ultimately what matters is winning and losing. We absolutely needed yesterday's win. A loss would have been crushing. But, you can't look at the performance yesterday and think "Man, that's a playoff football team."

It is fair to say that we need to perform better if we are going to have a chance against the better teams left on our schedule -- which is basically all of them. What really bothers me is that our offensive line is really struggling, and we don't seem to have any answers for it. Benton is doing a good job, but you watch Colledge get flat out abused like he did yesterday, and do you really feel optimistic about blocking the Lions, Bills, Jets, or Broncos defensive lines? Something's gotta be figured out fast.

We saw this last season with the disaster at the tackle position. Your QB is making strides, you see him doing a better job of moving and resetting his feet. You see that when he's got a pocket he can calmly go through four reads and throw a guy open. Problem is, your guards are getting massacred out there like Thanksgiving turkeys. You want to see this kid's play from the pocket improve? Start by giving him a pocket.

There are other problem areas, like the horrible depth at linebacker, Clay's injury, Brian Hartline forgetting how to catch the football, and Ryan Tannehill needing to continue growth as a QB. So you take all of those things together and I think you have some reasons for concern, considering our schedule and the records of other teams in the AFC.

I dont see the real issue here. Yes, I watched the game. The first half the defense got tricked a few times on some odd plays then turned around and blocked a FG. They then had some other trickery, pick 6. Sure the offense had a couple 3 and outs but they really never could get momentum going. I would have thought they would but there was the ticky tack formation penalty on Albert (like OTs dont do that all game).

When the offense had a chance to click they started to carve the defense again. Thats what this O does - 8-12 yard plays to move the sticks and work the clock. They had some turnover on the OL which we now know was because of a migraine (been there, sucks) and buttoned it down. I think the little adversity here will help push players this week in practice to get even more prepared for the chargers.

The problem is we do not take all of the games in a vacuum. Each game builds on the last one. You get better or worse (much easier to get worse due to injuries) but a good game helps with confidence...a bad games gives opposing teams ideas, like how the jags gashed us in the running game when we supposedly had a good run stopping defense...

The jags are a bad team, and as a UCF fan I love what bortles did last year, but love him even more from yesterday when he gave us 17 points...if we come out as flat as we did yesterday vs the chargers we will lose bad...

If you aren't pissed at the team for just the way they came out then you just enjoy getting hit in the face every week...

the only reason I even thought we would have a chance against San Diego is because they haven't won in Miami since like 82...they do not like traveling to the east coast, the jet lag is real going off the record...

SMH. Some of you act like we had to beat Jax a certain way. In my view, all we had to do was get by them. We did that. We've already proven we can beat good teams like the Chargers. Talk to me after that game about style, OK?

Back
Top Bottom