Isn't it Ironic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isn't it Ironic

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That in the past years, Miami has spent two 2nd round draft picks for Culpepper and Feely and a 4th for Green, I don't know what was spent if anything for Frerotte. These guys were to come in and lead Miami or at least help Miami win some games while grooming the rookie. None of these qbs have done much really or were mediocre and pretty even with their TD and Ints and whom you were nervous about throwing a pick any moment and not consitent with accuracy and didn't really carry the team throwing the ball.

Frerotte, Feely, Culpepper didn't really carry the team when neeeded or not like Pennington, when the running game got shut down the other qbs didn't pick the team up and throw 250 or more yards and drive up the field. But Penningtong has taken the reigns of the offense even when the ground game has sucked, like today. So basically, the one FA qb we get for free ends up being our best qb since Marino and best FA, while the one's trading for hit the dumps. I know the season isn't over, but already at the half way point, Pennington has lead and taken on such a big role or bigger role on Miami's offense than the past FA qbs and has already played better.

to be fair, Gus was pretty solid.

Yeah, but his accuracy...ehhh, He was not consistent with his accuracy. One play he would make a perfect pass deep or intermediat, then the next two passes he would over throw or underthrow or throw a wobbler to a wide open WR running deep. His accuracy was the issues and he was up and down with his TDs and Ints, he was more mediocre and could win games, but not one that would reallly carry an offense when it shuts down, but Pennington has for Miami with his big passing games, when Miami's running game has been putrid. Pennington might not have a strong arm, but his accuracy is top knotch, and I would rather have that than a strong arm, with inconsistent accuracy like Frerotte. Have seen too many qbs that were not that accurate (Fiedler, Feely, Frerotte).

to be fair, Gus was pretty solid.

Gus was solid in that he didn't make many crippling mistakes and had the pocket presence to not take sacks behind a porous offensive line. We didn't beat that many teams of note that year and were actually lucky to have a weak schedule. Also, he was the anti-Pennington in that he tried for big play after big play and he didn't have the downfield accuracy to really make it happen. So he made our offense a terribly inconsistent machine that was unreliable from week to week.

In the end, I'd much rather have Chad lead our team when we needed a big drive. He would find the open guy whereas Gus would just try to win it in one play.

Back
Top Bottom