It Doesn't Really Matter Who Our Coach Is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Doesn't Really Matter Who Our Coach Is...

IowaDolfan

IowaDolfan
Reaction score
Because you never know what someone will accomplish until they're actually given the job. Some people have a great track record but don't do well in their 2nd stint (Jimmy Johnson/Denny Green/Mariucci). Some have never had HC experience and are great (Jack Del Rio/Jeff Fisher/Brian Billick). Some are great and stay great (Schotty/Parcells/Holmgren/Vermeil). Some have poor previous records but went on to greatness (Shanahan/Belichick).

I'm coming to the realization it doesn't really matter who we pick at this point, Cameron, Shula, Gailey, or Mora, any one of them would be fine, what matters is the people in charge of personnel. Its the players that matter, as a thread about Troy Stradford's comments pointed out yesterday. Hell, if they brought Wannstadt back and a team of great players was assembled and we won the Super Bowl we'd all grow our own "Wannstache." Even female Dolfans. The guys that are successful above are either great at picking players themselves, or there was someone great to do it for them. So if the coach we pick is great at evaluating talent, great. If he's not, then we get front office people that are. So all of you upset about Shula should really be worried about who's evaluating talent.

That brings us to the question as to whether or not Mueller can do the job if we get a coach that isn't great at evulating talent and managing the business side of the team. I think he can. Otherwise we need to go out and get the best guy, someone like Ron Wolf or Scott Pioli. What are your thoughts, can Mueller do it, or do we find someone else, and if so, any suggestions?

Good post. I agree with a lot of what you say however, a great coach can do all the things the others can but have that one extra intangible that separates them from the rest.

We don't know if Mueller can do it {in Miami}. He's been a decent GM for previous employers, but he hasn't been GM in Miami long enough to make any kind of impact. Time will tell....

Also, Pioli is not an option in my opinion. As for Ron Wolf, he's kind of retired isn't he??....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

We don't know if Mueller can do it {in Miami}. He's been a decent GM for previous employers, but he hasn't been GM in Miami long enough to make any kind of impact. Time will tell....

Also, Pioli is not an option in my opinion. As for Ron Wolf, he's kind of retired isn't he??....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yes, he's retired. I just threw his name out there as an example, but he'd be a great GM. Sometimes those guys get the "itch" to come back and do it again.

The problem: the search itself!

Now that the so-called coaching search continues to drag on, all the possible candidates look worse and worse with each passing day. The lunatic "OFFICE SPACE" approach being conducted by Bailey & Wiedemeier is the reason for this ongoing stupidity. They are approaching this thing like "Executive Headhunters hoping for that magical interview where they will unearth that rare special jewel and get credit for it! A combination of football ignorance and huge egos have made our search the big joke that it is now! The local media spin now (TV & Radio) is: "What difference does it make who the coach is, The important thing is blah, blah, blah. WQell it damn sure makes a difference who the coach is! But the search is so ridiculous they have to play it down. Hopefully it will be over soon enuff, but who knows? Each day it becomes sillier and with sillier posts (oh yeah I like that guy, oh no that guy sucks)

Here below is our interview process!

"So what exactly do you do?"

Hey, why not Wolf. There's another thread out there where someone is willing to sell their first-born to get shanahan in here, so why not Wolf. If Wayne throws enough $$ at Wolf, I'd think he'd be willing to listen. I do agree that it takes a great personnel guy and a great coach to make a successful team. Some teams have tried to cheat and have one person do both, but that's a hard thing to ask of one person to be really good at both. We've made that mistake in the past and I think we need to try and get someone good at their own piece of the puzzle.

The problem: the search itself!

Now that the so-called coaching search continues to drag on, all the possible candidates look worse and worse with each passing day. The lunatic "OFFICE SPACE" approach being conducted by Bailey & Wiedemeier is the reason for this ongoing stupidity. They are approaching this thing like "Executive Headhunters hoping for that magical interview where they will unearth that rare special jewel and get credit for it! A combination of football ignorance and huge egos have made our search the big joke that it is now! The local media spin now (TV & Radio) is: "What difference does it make who the coach is, The important thing is blah, blah, blah. WQell it damn sure makes a difference who the coach is! But the search is so ridiculous they have to play it down. Hopefully it will be over soon enuff, but who knows? Each day it becomes sillier and with sillier posts (oh yeah I like that guy, oh no that guy sucks)

Here below is our interview process!

[URL]http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2747891846[/URL]

"So what exactly do you do?"

So, Mr. Bailey, how much time to you spend on TPS reports, exactly?

Because you never know what someone will accomplish until they're actually given the job. Some people have a great track record but don't do well in their 2nd stint (Jimmy Johnson/Denny Green/Mariucci). Some have never had HC experience and are great (Jack Del Rio/Jeff Fisher/Brian Billick). Some are great and stay great (Schotty/Parcells/Holmgren/Vermeil). Some have poor previous records but went on to greatness (Shanahan/Belichick).

I'm coming to the realization it doesn't really matter who we pick at this point, Cameron, Shula, Gailey, or Mora, any one of them would be fine, what matters is the people in charge of personnel. Its the players that matter, as a thread about Troy Stradford's comments pointed out yesterday. Hell, if they brought Wannstadt back and a team of great players was assembled and we won the Super Bowl we'd all grow our own "Wannstache." Even female Dolfans. The guys that are successful above are either great at picking players themselves, or there was someone great to do it for them. So if the coach we pick is great at evaluating talent, great. If he's not, then we get front office people that are. So all of you upset about Shula should really be worried about who's evaluating talent.

That brings us to the question as to whether or not Mueller can do the job if we get a coach that isn't great at evulating talent and managing the business side of the team. I think he can. Otherwise we need to go out and get the best guy, someone like Ron Wolf or Scott Pioli. What are your thoughts, can Mueller do it, or do we find someone else, and if so, any suggestions?

Great post. And dude, I've been begging for Scott Pioli since before Iowa was spelled with two eyes. ????? W/e, I really want the guy here. But great post. It's true. Here we are agonizing and the truth of it is, yah never know. Still, you gotta be an idiot to consider hiring Jim Mora after the comments he made and after the HC situation we've just gone through. Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the matrix and the site guy is having a great time at my expense.

Good post, Mueller did a pretty good job with the Saints as GM, drafted very well IMO. He was just a figurehead under Osaban Beenlyin, so we haven't seen what he can do here. I get a feeling we're going to find out, hope so.

Back
Top Bottom