It has been reporter on Fox Sports Radio that Damien Mcintosh has had Surgery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It has been reporter on Fox Sports Radio that Damien Mcintosh has had Surgery

RunRicky34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It was just reported on sports radio that Damion Mcintosh had surgery on his right ankle today.

Good, hopefully he can get healthy in time for the season to start.

Originally posted by RunRicky34
It was just reported on sports radio that Damion Mcintosh had surgery on his right ankle today.

Okay so what does that mean? How long will he be out??

4-6 months, but hes also not officially signed with us yet, we are still negotiating, rumored that oakland may jump back in....
Its possible he could be back this season, but not likely to be fully healthy, rehabbed and ready to go.
hopefully we sign him and it works out in the long run.

Ethan SKolnick of the Sun-Sentinal said there is a very slim chance of him being ready for the opener and he will be part of ourr future.

He is also saying he is not sure they will get Boston and that if they do he will be persude after Monday the he will be realeased.

I can't help but wonder why he wait until now to do the surgery.

Was this the surgery that was supposed to have a 4-6 month recovery time? :confused:

Which means he could easily be back to play most of this season. If they can get a cheap vet in here and redo that contract McIntosh signed so he gets payed this year based on playing time... this could work out fine.

I could handle have Brown in here for a year, and if he struggled badly or got out of hand with the PF penalties, then we could plug in McIntosh. Otherwise, if Brown is working out, we let McIntosh rest, and work him in slowly as the year goes on.

I think this is all pointing to Big Mac becoming a Phin. I looks to me as if all they're waiting for is to iron out some contract details, as with the right ankle issue, McIntosh's price should come down. Spielman is probably working it out that his salary for the first season is reduced, and his signing bonus is deferred into a roster bonus in the beginning of next season. I think this would be very fair.

But, it's a good sign that he went ahead and opted for the ankle surgery as soon as possible. I hope everything went well, and they get him signed soon. Hey, he does already have a locker in Miami with his name on it, right?

yep, #77... i hope it all works out for us in the end, even if it's not this season considering his base this year will probably be peanuts. bring in a vet for a year and slowly work mac in at the end of this season maybe

Originally posted by Deus Ex Dolphin
Was this the surgery that was supposed to have a 4-6 month recovery time? :confused:

Which means he could easily be back to play most of this season. If they can get a cheap vet in here and redo that contract McIntosh signed so he gets payed this year based on playing time... this could work out fine.

I could handle have Brown in here for a year, and if he struggled badly or got out of hand with the PF penalties, then we could plug in McIntosh. Otherwise, if Brown is working out, we let McIntosh rest, and work him in slowly as the year goes on.

He wanted a contract first. It would be hard to land a contract with a cast and crutches. :confused:

There seems to be somewhat conflicting posts in this thread. One says he's not officially signed while another says he already has a locker and a jersey number. So which is it?
Perhaps I'm being glass-half-emptyish here, but history isn't exactly on Miami's side where putting all the eggs in the basket of an offensive linemen with an ankle injury is concerned. Speaking of that, does anyone know what's up with Mark Dixon now that he's no longer on the roster? Is he finally healthy, retiring or what? Maybe somebody could hunt down his Mom in the Outer Banks again and press her for answers.

I read the fins canceled his first contract but are getting him done for when he's done with the surgery he'll be coming in at a reduced rate that could increase later.

he had a locker with his jersey number when the first contract was signed, but then that one was voided and they were working on a new one last i heard...but he still has his locker :)

Is it pretty much a done deal that we are still getting him? What are the chances that he doesnt end up with us?

Back
Top Bottom