It is great to be excited about the Dolphins again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is great to be excited about the Dolphins again

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
I have been a ride or die fin fan since 1972. It has been a good while since I have been so optimistic about the future of the team. My optimism is not based on Tua, but that is part of it. I am really basing it on Flores. I think he is going to be our best coach since Shula.

I have been a ride or die fin fan since 1972. It has been a good while since I have been so optimistic about the future of the team. My optimism is not based on Tua, but that is part of it. I am really basing it on Flores. I think he is going to be our best coach since Shula.

I'm looking forward to the last 10 games when, I think, fans will see the 'real' Dolphins. Most of us have lived through Fistpump, Philbin, and Gase - coaches (and FO) that didn't inspire hope. Draft picks that didn't show enough year 1 to get the juices flowing. This year feels different. The FO is acting competently. Flo should what a 'real' HC can do. A number of FAs and rookies who seem to have high ceilings. All this needs verification this fall, but, you're right, I find it hard to be pessimistic.

As bad as the 2019 season started with an 0-7 record; the last 9 games gave us a glimpse of what Coach Flores may be capable of as a coach. His grit, determination and development skills carried the team to a 5-4 finish and changed the mantra, from Tanking to Brite Future.

I feel like the F/O has stabilized and has done a good job of implementing a plan and utilizing its tools very efficiently. As fans we've seen nothing but wild and foolish spending sprees, bad drafting, bad coaching and a non existent player development plan. It seems to have all changed for the better since the new regime took over, and Flores began to win over the players.

I'm certainly the most optimistic I've been since Jimmy Johnson left. At least with Johnson, he knew how to find players in the draft.

I feel good about the future for the first time in a long time.

I was against the Flores hiring. The track record for Belichick's coaching tree is pretty freakin bad. But Flores showed me something last year. He's definitely got his own style but he has some Belichick traits as well. I loved the way he ripped into referees during games...something we haven't seen here in forever. He's emotional...the kind of emotion that feeds into the team. The guys seemed to play hard for him and the development of players was another thing we just haven't seen here in a long time...and guys got better across the board...not just one unit or one player.

I'm still not totally convinced, however. Cautiously optimistic is more the term I use. If player development continues and guys continue to play hard for him then I think we may have finally found a good coach. Year two for all the recent coaches has always been the more accurate picture of the type of coach the Dolphins have hired.

You got to be excited.....first year head coach and we finished the season a lot stronger than we starter. Last game of the the year against the defending chumps, in their house with them having everything the play for and we win with a bunch of no names. Future looks bright.

the combination of them actually having a plan and their sustained picks through next year (or beyond) is exciting. The addition of the qb really has it hyped
SFLA is starving for a great football team

I'm always exited about the team till the season starts....lol
Last year I was exited about getting the top pick in the draft. We got Tua so that worked out ok but not I want to see them win and not worry so much about getting high picks(unless those are the picks from Houston).

I'm always exited about the team till the season starts....lol
Last year I was exited about getting the top pick in the draft. We got Tua so that worked out ok but not I want to see them win and not worry so much about getting high picks(unless those are the picks from Houston).
yeah man if Hou can implode that would be sweet. Could mean an extra 1st in 2022

Back
Top Bottom