It is Official... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is Official...

I'm now a proponent of trading whatever we can for Eli Manning, and yes I realize it could take 3 first round picks to do it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm now a proponent of trading whatever we can for Eli Manning, and yes I realize it could take 3 first round picks to do it.

I agree but how does this change your mind? I am psyched either way b/c that means we may get a shot at reggie williams.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
damn if we could land eli and fitzgerald, i'd be buying superbowl tickets for 2005 already!

I love the idea, but we would need the first and second overall pick. I dont think anyone has ever had that. Never will either. We would need to trade both #1s, our #1 next year, JT, Pat, Zach & Timbo. Then in a few years it would be like it was in the late 80s. Loosing 45-48.:cry:

damn if we could land eli and fitzgerald, i'd be buying superbowl tickets for 2005 already!
Maybe we could move our team to FANTASY LAND too...lol

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Larry Fitzgerald = the most overhyped WR I have ever seen

Roy williams, Reggie Williams, and Rashaun Woods are all better than him, in my opinion! I think the NFL is going to eat this kid alive.

That's 5 steps past impossible, we can't get 2 top 5 picks.

I think Fitzgerald is a little overhyped too but he's still worthy of a top 5 pick. Of the two sophomores I think USC's Mike Williams is better because he's faster, taller, bigger, stronger, & has just as good of hands. Too bad he's not eligible this year.

Originally posted by zevo

Roy williams, Reggie Williams, and Rashaun Woods are all better than him, in my opinion! I think the NFL is going to eat this kid alive.

Exactly, what did he do against NFL quality CBs at Miami? Nothing. His TD was when the game was decided and like 2 minutes left. it was scraps, leftovers. He had a great season against mostly inferior opponents so I can't see why he's held is such high regard.

The best thing about Fitz being eligable, is the dropping of other WRs.

Now you're looking at:

1.Larry Fitzgerald
2.Roy Williams
3.Reggie Williams
4.Mike Clayton
5.Rashaun Woods
6.Mike Jenkins(will hop Woods IMO)
7.Lee Evans

With that being said, I think that a WR at #20(DEFINATELY if Clayton is there) would have more value than a QB there.

Mike Williams is the man. He's got it all....with Andre Johnson size (6-5, 230). He played HS ball right down the street. What's ironic is that his HS rarely fields even a decent football team. It's just amazing that HE came out of THAT school.

Originally posted by Muck
Mike Williams is the man. He's got it all....with Andre Johnson size (6-5, 230). He played HS ball right down the street. What's ironic is that his HS rarely fields even a decent football team. It's just amazing that HE came out of THAT school.

Yeah, that kid is the TRUTH. I thought he was the BEST WR in college football this year, and I was hoping there was some way he could become eligable(though I never expected it). Because of his success, I think a guy like Keary Colbert would be a steal in the mid-rounds.

Originally posted by zevo

Agreed!

hopefully he is over hyped and he falls to number 20...

then we take him... just like we did the last over-rated pitt guy

some guy named marino...........................

Back
Top Bottom