It is unfair to make any poor judgements about Tannehill at this point | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is unfair to make any poor judgements about Tannehill at this point

Retnuhrace

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
He still has not been put in a situation to thrive. Last year, he had no skill position weapons. This year, he has horrendous pass blocking and absolutely no running game. Not many QBs are going to look better than average while having defenders in his face on every 4-man rush and no running game to keep the D honest. Combine that with Sherman's questionable playcalling, and I call it remarkable what Tannehill has shown up until this point.

On a similar playcalling note, it is absolutely baffling to me why we have not changed up Tannehill's dropbacks. Every pass play it is shotgun, 5 yard drop in the pocket, mass pressure. Why not have more rollouts to either side to give him some more time to throw? Tanny has shown how good he is at improvising out of the pocket (in both directions). Why not more of this?

Tannehill is responsible for the ball and the sacks. The oline play has been terrible, but he has some responsibility to throw the ball away.
This oline group is the worst I can remember as fan of the fins for the last 43 years. 20 yards rushing 2 weeks straight...just putrid and pathetic. Soft and weak.
The staff (Ireland...you listening?) had better retract their necks from their arses IMHO and light a fire under these "players".

Back
Top Bottom