It just doesn't add up..not enough cap space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It just doesn't add up..not enough cap space

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
I've now read reports that indicate that Miami preparing offers to...

Tait...
"Miami's guaranteed money is expected to easily exceed $10 million. The talks with Tait were so serious that agent Ethan Lock flew to South Florida to personally negotiate with the Dolphins."

Woody...
"Wannstedt said on WQAM radio the Dolphins were prepared to make Woody a significant contract offer."

AND Jeno James..
"The Dolphins were closing in on a deal with Carolina guard Jeno James."

not to mention Webster...
"49ers cornerback Jason Webster will decide Friday between lucrative offers from the Falcons and Dolphins. Each is in the $3 million a year range and has a huge signing bonus."

Something is a lie..but which one. Miami cannot get all of them..it's not possible, right? Unless they trade Madison, I just don't see how they could afford more than 2 of those guys. I'm mean..we're not the Redskins.

I guess reporters get just as frenzied as the fans this time of year.

ive been thinking the same thing, and I dont know what to think at all

But then again, how has Washington been able to sign people like the Yankees do!?!?!?

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
I've now read reports that indicate that Miami preparing offers to...

Tait...
"Miami's guaranteed money is expected to easily exceed $10 million. The talks with Tait were so serious that agent Ethan Lock flew to South Florida to personally negotiate with the Dolphins."

Woody...
"Wannstedt said on WQAM radio the Dolphins were prepared to make Woody a significant contract offer."

AND Jeno James..
"The Dolphins were closing in on a deal with Carolina guard Jeno James."

not to mention Webster...
"49ers cornerback Jason Webster will decide Friday between lucrative offers from the Falcons and Dolphins. Each is in the $3 million a year range and has a huge signing bonus."

Something is a lie..but which one. Miami cannot get all of them..it's not possible, right? Unless they trade Madison, I just don't see how they could afford more than 2 of those guys. I'm mean..we're not the Redskins.

I guess reporters get just as frenzied as the fans this time of year.

Well from what I read, Jeno James would only occupy a 3 to 4 million dollar slot.

The only one that would be front loaded would be the offer to Tait I think. If thats the case, all these deals could have low first and second year cap hits, making it possible......

By the way, I don't like what I've read about Webster..
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=3776&hubname=SF

"Webster and Mike Rumph were the weak link of the Niners defense. No matter which player started, he wore a target on his back, and quarterbacks made both of them pay for each and every mistake."

I hope he improved alot during last season...ouch.

Oh it's even worse..he missed 11 games with a knee injury last season. Why the hell is he worth 3 mill a year?

Originally posted by Bazinet37
The only one that would be front loaded would be the offer to Tait I think. If thats the case, all these deals could have low first and second year cap hits, making it possible......

I think it's safe to say though that the differentiating variable in deals between Detroit and Miami for Woody's services would have to be the biggest front loaded $$$

I didn't think of that. If we sign all these linemen, we can forget about Moss. However, I don't think we'd need him if we sign all these guys......

Back
Top Bottom