it just doesnt FEEL like a typical fins-jets week... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

it just doesnt FEEL like a typical fins-jets week...

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
the jets have been down until recently. and of course, we all know miami's troubles(i personally believe that carter, konrad, and the D are most responsible for mondays loss, but that's another topic for another day). it seems like fans of both teams are too unsure of their respective teams' current abilities to call their shots. generally, i'm on these boards running endless smack but i cannot do that...regardless of the QB situation, entire team must regain confidence. HUGE difference between 6-3 or 5-4

I think the NFL as a whole is the same way. The parity thing is working. The NFC is the only place where it all seems to make sense. The AFC is tighter than, well, it's real tight. The talent level is , well, level. Teams just have to show up and play cause one slip up and 3 teams pass you.

In Miami's case they just had a rough break. Jay goes down and something seems to be missing, even though Ricky was the big threat. They just have to buckle down and play conservative. Give it to Ricky and make sure the defense stops Pennington (3rd in the league QB rating) and Curtis. With a strong Ricky attack it could spell doom if the Jets can't score. And if Lucas hits all the dinks without error and is not forced to throw downfield he could have his best game of the season.

On the other hand................well you know.

Not a typical Jet/Phish game may be true in the sense that we've seen the worst of both teams and the best within the span of several weeks. Who knows who's gonna show up. It is typical in that the players and some fans hate each other.

But you can see a trend developing if you pay attention to the details. This trend seems to indicate the Jets rising and the Phish going flat, not necessarily down. But the rest of the pack is rising as well. It won't be a classic but it's definitely important.

What do you mean Phish going flat? Jay Fiedler, yes our starting QB, is out. The guy was the heart and soul of our offense. If we were playing this way WITH him, then I'd say we were going flat, but that simply isn't the case. Once he comes back, watch this offense come back to life. Then tell me who is going flat......

Dude your from N.M.? No way. I'm in Abq. right now.

About going flat I mean without Jay they have gone flat. What can I say? I mean come on. He's like the valve on a tire that got ripped off. And I said not down because of all the other talent still on the table. They are still respected without Jay.

And when he comes back I know they gonna go on a run in Dec. I ain't stupid.

Do you live in Albuquerque or just visiting? If you're a tourist, don't go walking around at night, there are some scary mofos wandering these streets.

I agree about going flat without Jay, I thought you meant the team as a whole, my bad.

we all know miami's troubles(i personally believe that carter, konrad, and the D are most responsible for mondays loss

I am sick of everybody blaming the D for the loss.. or saying the D played terrible... even reporters and websites, saying Miami's D looked horrible against Green Bay...
Am I missing something here??? Our D gave up 17 points to the Packers... 7 was a direct int return for a TD... and most of the other times the Pack had great field position because of TO's... what do people expect for this D? The Packer came in averaging almost 30 points a game.. we held them to 17... Maybe they gave up a play here or there.. but they were trying to make things happen.. I really don't think they can be blamed for giving up the game... If your D can hold the other team to 17 points.. you should win every game, period.

The no reason the Fin team that lost last 2 game should have a chance to win ag the improving Jets in the Swamp, except one: we won in Miami 30-3 w/mostly Ricky and D. I am more hopeful than I was Mon. nite, but still do not feel good about Lucas and our TO problems.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I am sick of everybody blaming the D for the loss.. or saying the D played terrible... even reporters and websites, saying Miami's D looked horrible against Green Bay...
Am I missing something here??? Our D gave up 17 points to the Packers... 7 was a direct int return for a TD... and most of the other times the Pack had great field position because of TO's... what do people expect for this D? The Packer came in averaging almost 30 points a game.. we held them to 17... Maybe they gave up a play here or there.. but they were trying to make things happen.. I really don't think they can be blamed for giving up the game... If your D can hold the other team to 17 points.. you should win every game, period.
it is the same as the Colts game, the D gave up plays, but played well enough to win; of course, we won the Colts game so the criticism was even more ridiculous then. :rolleyes:

How can we get excited about playing anybody when there is no confidence in our current QB??

Originally posted by BMarion31
Do you live in Albuquerque or just visiting? If you're a tourist, don't go walking around at night, there are some scary mofos wandering these streets.

I agree about going flat without Jay, I thought you meant the team as a whole, my bad.

I work here but live in R.R. I wouldn'y walk in the war zone by Central up by the fair grounds but everywhere else is okay.

Originally posted by chambers84
How can we get excited about playing anybody when there is no confidence in our current QB??
David Woodley - 1982 AFC Championship game vs. Jets

just a suggestion...i.e. whose gonna be this week's AJ (yes that is where the name comes from ;) ) Duhe

I have a question. Lucas got slammed on his throwing shoulder. It was after that point in which he threw the only INT that was his fault. It was also after Konrad fumbled, Carter fumbled, and Carter batted the ball into the air causing a fourth TO that Lucas started aiming his passes, and throwing balls into the ground.

When we came out against the Pack, he was firing bullets to guys, and completing stuff. Ricky was running well, we just had guys putting the ball on the ground.

Does Lucas deserve a bit of a break here, since he was doing well at first, and the rest of the team sort of put him behind the 8 ball? Had Konrad not fumbled, we had excellent field position. Had Carter not fumbled same thing. Maybe those two drive convert to TD's, and Lucas starts feeling confident. Ricky starts having lanes to run through, and we have a much easier time of it.

I say let's see what he does this weekend.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Does Lucas deserve a bit of a break here
a tiny, tiny bit of a break he was only throwing 3-10 yard passes and that is why he was doing well. TOs put him in a bad spot that we cannot put him in or we will lose.

The man has no touch. Hell, anybody can throw a ball as hard as they can, but a lot of times they turn into INTs. Why does he drills a ball at somebody only 5-10 yards away?? If a WR is covered, THEN DON'T THROW THE DAMN BALL AT ALL!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
sure...they only gave up 17 points. but lets delve into this further. they held the pack only to give up a big 1st down on 3rd and 18 on a screen, green seemed to pick up 5-8 yrds everytime he touched the ball, a defender didnt get to within a mile of favre the gimp, davenport WOULD NOT have made that catch in the end zone(also on 3rd down). a drive that started on the GB 5 ended at midfield(therefore, bad field position for an offensively challenged football team), penalties...honestly, the packer offense(with a limping superstar) played EXTREMELY conservatively(for them). most fin fans will agree, if they had needed 30 points, they would have scored 30 points

Back
Top Bottom