It looks good as far as Norv goes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It looks good as far as Norv goes

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
It think it's just a formality before he joins the 'phins to be our new OC. I definitely didn't want the position to go to Mike Shula. I've already seen what he can do with an offense(absolutely NOTHING!).;)

Here is some interesting numbers on Turner...

"The Dolphins are believed to be readying a proposal for Jay Fiedler this week. Wannstedt has said he wants Fiedler to return as his starter and has dismissed the Aikman reports.

During his one year in San Diego, Turner directed the league's 11th-ranked offense that scored 332 points. The Chargers, led by rookie LaDainian Tomlinson and Doug Flutie, averaged 105.9 yards rushing and 219.1 yards passing. The Dolphins ranked 21st overall and scored 344 points.

In 1999, Turner directed the NFL's second-ranked offense in Washington, which averaged 372.8 yards per game. Only Super Bowl champion St. Louis (400.8 yards) was better that year. In his final two years in Dallas (1992-93), the Cowboys had the fourth-ranked offense."

Here is the whole article:

http://www.gopbi.com/sports/football/dolphins/01/28_wannstedt.html

Ice.............

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The offense is back! My style of football, and the defense still kicks ass!

I'm ready for next year! Man, this year isn't even over yet. I want to line up at the line of scrimmage and run a deep slant pattern!:lol:

P.S.- I think I'm going to wear my road Madison jersey on SB Sunday and my 'phins gear. When people look at me weird and say, "What the hell are you doing wearing you're 'phins gear?" I'll just say that I'm practicing getting ready for my 'phins to be in the SB in 2002!

;)

;) For the probable hiring of Norv Turner.

:monkey: On the prospect of Mike Shula as our offensive coordinator.

Re: Ice.............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

Man, this year isn't even over yet. I want to line up at the line of scrimmage and run a deep slant pattern!:lol:

Thats funny, my wife said the same thing. She's glad it's almost over. She loves the fact that I enjoy the game so much , but, the games do take up alot of time.;)

BB

It won't matter...

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
It think it's just a formality before he joins the 'phins to be our new OC. I definitely didn't want the position to go to Mike Shula. I've already seen what he can do with an offense(absolutely NOTHING!).;)

... unless the Dolphins get a FOR REAL RB and settle their DT situation it won't matter who the OC is or who the QB is if these things aren't corrected.

You have to rush the ball and stop the rush on D to win Championships. If you can't do that you are just fooling yourself.

Let's hope the Dolphins get a FOR REAL RB to go along with Norv because if they don't Norv is just another Gailey IMO.

Oliver...

Re: It won't matter...

Originally posted by Oliver
Let's hope the Dolphins get a FOR REAL RB
who do you in mind that we can afford or are we talking rookie ? :)

I am not a draft expert...

Originally posted by dolphan39
who do you in mind that we can afford or are we talking rookie ? :)

... so any answer directly about the talent in the this years draft would be pure nonsense from me. :)

However, there needs to be a serious push for a for real RB IMO. If not by FA, then by trade or by DRAFT.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom