It would be hilarious if Saban and the Phins finish the season undefeated... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It would be hilarious if Saban and the Phins finish the season undefeated...

I was listening to espn radio today on my way to school and the guy, dont remember who, said saban has done the best coaching job on the season. I loved what he was saying, saying that last year miami was the "new orleans" of the NFL, just didnt need a hurricane to be as bad as they were, and how nick saban came in and turned it all around in such a short time. Now the coach of the year award doesn't go to who had the best SINGLE season as a head coach, but if it did it i think saban would def get it. Dungy is having a great year as is marvin lewis and some others, but they didn't do it with a 1 year turnaround. They've all had atleast 2-3 years to impliment there system something that saban hasn't done yet. Saban took a team going down the pooper and was a laughing stock of the league and turned them into winners.

Phinz4Life said:
Phrased it wrong. I meant in comparison to Indy.
I hate to read when somebody compare our roster to anyone in NFL, because we don't lack of talent, our clear lacks are QB and depth.
Most of our depth chart surely won't fit anywhere else, but this TEAM is being well couched and has proved being worth. Saban is a great couch and of course we lack a Marino-Manning caliber of QB, but it's hard to find that kind of guys, Nick would kill to have his franchise QB this season, but as his first year of NFL coaching, he used the best player to fit into Linehan's.
Also he's cleaning the house of so many things.

Oh, come now...

ohall said:
Gus has come on, but it is doubtful he is the long term answer for this team at QB.

Oy. This is the best example of hyperbolic understatement I have read in a long time. It's sort of like saying that Vince Lombardi had a slight distaste to losing. Gus is, to be charitable, a serviceable quarterback. He also has the amazing propensity to play quarterback in the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde manner. Somewhere, either in the draft, or in Free Agency, the team needs to find a quarterback who can complete more than 52% of his passes and have a QB rating higher than 70, and who can put pressure on the other teams defense so ours can stay off the field so much.

Back
Top Bottom