Italicized & Glowing Usernames - Points? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Italicized & Glowing Usernames - Points?

Do you want a points system to buy board features?

• YES! I loved it!

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • No way!

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Doesn't matter to me...

Votes: 44 46.8%

• Total voters

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Well,

I have now made it possible for users to italicize their username by simply going to "User CP" and then "Edit Profile". Then, simply click "Yes" under "Italicized Username."

Glowing usernames will come with time, so please be patient.

Another issue: The Board store and points. In my opinion, the store and points system was great at first; however, after a while it became a little too much. Meaning, there was a limit on what could actually be bought with just points, thus it became somewhat boring. Yet, I know a few users enjoyed this system. So, I am willing to bring it back... but it will take time! So, please vote for whether or not you want a points system back. Please realize that the Italicized and Glowing usernames will cost points, and won't be free!

More features will come, so please keep your eyes peeled!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

I voted no because I really don't see the point in putting a bunch of work into it. If there are guys who really miss it and you want to do something for them, just add a field in the CP so they can input their own number of points. We can then award those guys points Whose Line is it Anyway? style when we feel like it, and they can add their points to the ones they had listed.

I guess the truth is having the points system back is okay with me. I just don't see much of a point.

Jimmy James said:
I voted no because I really don't see the point in putting a bunch of work into it. If there are guys who really miss it and you want to do something for them, just add a field in the CP so they can input their own number of points. We can then award those guys points Whose Line is it Anyway? style when we feel like it, and they can add their points to the ones they had listed.

I guess the truth is having the points system back is okay with me. I just don't see much of a point.

Point well taken, pointy. ;)

i know the points were a great novelty and if people miss them, then i understand why you would bring them back... but if the work involved is more then lets say, 5 minutes, i say screw it... im sure there are plenty of things you could do with an extra 5 minutes, sleeping would be real nice right now, but thats a whole other story. :sleep:

If you awarded glowing names and/or italics based on time on board or number of posts instead, that would be equally appreciated and I would think easier to program/administer. But it truly doesn't matter to me.

Is it really worth all of the time and effort that you will have to put in to it? That is the biggest question!

I don't care either way, but how do I get rid of the no, no, no, no below my avator? I changed my avator so now I want to change that, thanks

FinHeavenAJ said:
Well,

I have now made it possible for users to italicize their username by simply going to "User CP" and then "Edit Profile". Then, simply click "Yes" under "Italicized Username."

Glowing usernames will come with time, so please be patient.

Another issue: The Board store and points. In my opinion, the store and points system was great at first; however, after a while it became a little too much. Meaning, there was a limit on what could actually be bought with just points, thus it became somewhat boring. Yet, I know a few users enjoyed this system. So, I am willing to bring it back... but it will take time! So, please vote for whether or not you want a points system back. Please realize that the Italicized and Glowing usernames will cost points, and won't be free!

More features will come, so please keep your eyes peeled!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum
The italics don't really matter to me. I have some questions though. What exactly will the reputation points be used for, and how do we view reputation points for other members?

Also, how do I turn off e-mail notification? I've done it when I'm posting, but it comes back. How do I change that default setting? Thanks.

Dolfan954 said:
The italics don't really matter to me. I have some questions though. What exactly will the reputation points be used for, and how do we view reputation points for other members?

Also, how do I turn off e-mail notification? I've done it when I'm posting, but it comes back. How do I change that default setting? Thanks.

to make the default setting for no e-mail notification you go to User CP then go to edit options and it's on that under Default e-mail settings or something like that

nick19991 said:
to make the default setting for no e-mail notification you go to User CP then go to edit options and it's on that under Default e-mail settings or something like that
Thanks bro. That helps a lot.

BigFinFan said:
Is it really worth all of the time and effort that you will have to put in to it? That is the biggest question!

My sentiments exactly.

mls737 said:
I don't care about the points, I just want my pacman record back! :tongue:
I know! I had the Snake record and was 2nd on Break Out.

Looks like ill be up a little late the next few nights :lol:

so is the glitch in the Breakout game still there? (ball goes through the bricks at high speeds)

As for points, it was a novelty at first, but the store was very limited so it wasnt a big deal once people use the glow and italicizing. Although, the pre-game predictions wont be the same without those 1000 points hanging in the balance... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I voted I dont care but I think getting user glow, ect... based upon the number of posts is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom