It's all up to the zebra's tomorrow! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's all up to the zebra's tomorrow!

What are you talking about? If it is about the spike with 1 second left, it wasn't like you were gonna score on the next play.

Just another excuse for a BILLS FAN to whine!!!!!! If anything we have the gripe with officiating! Early in the PATS game, don't tell me that wasn't pass interference on Ty Law on James McKnight on a crucial 3rd down play!!! Then they come back and throw the flag on Surtain,on a great defensive play!! Officiating goes both ways!! If that Official wants to feel important and get into the game, he will start throwing flags!! You have to remember, these guys have high egos! Most of them are lawyers, doctors and high caliber people. I wish they would hire young,full time officials! In the offseason they can study film and do some world league games!Most of these Officials now are fossils. Granted there sre some good ones but overall it's needs some cleaning up! Remember Cleveland???:goof:

i can't believe these idiot bills fans.

it's all the refs fault :rolleyes:

the rule used to be..............

if you spike the ball with 10 seconds or less, there is a 10 sec runoff penalty, so the game would be over. i can't find anything in the rule book about spiking:(

Originally posted by nugfodrol
it's all the refs fault :rolleyes:

The Raiders were crying that same song last week when the Broncos beat them. :lol: :lol:

Dammit!! Jerry Rice WILL play tomorrow! :mad: GO JETS!! :evil:

i think the most important game tomorrow

will be the patriot/panther game. the phins will know in advance whether they have a chance to win the division or not. if the pats win, i just hope the phins don't let down!:D

Re: the rule used to be..............

Originally posted by dolfan06
if you spike the ball with 10 seconds or less, there is a 10 sec runoff penalty, so the game would be over. i can't find anything in the rule book about spiking:(

When was that rule in use? The only rule I can think of like that is if the offense had an injury with no T.O.'s left, they ran 10 sec. off the clock.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, 06, it's just I don't remember there being a rule like that.

Re: Re: the rule used to be..............

Originally posted by Ray_Finkle

When was that rule in use? The only rule I can think of like that is if the offense had an injury with no T.O.'s left, they ran 10 sec. off the clock.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, 06, it's just I don't remember there being a rule like that.

i'm not sure when it was put into use or if it has been changed, but i know it was called on marino once!

Re: Re: Re: the rule used to be..............

Originally posted by dolfan06

i'm not sure when it was put into use or if it has been changed, but i know it was called on marino once!

i found it and its not for spiking! its if you try to put the ball into play before the refs whistle there is a 10 sec runoff penalty, so the game was over.
official rules of the nfl
rule 4, section 3, article 10
game action edition ;)

you can never tell in this league what the refs will do other than given the fact that the Fins are actually playing for something other than their jobs tomorrow :p and are playing at home :cool: , that the refs would give the Fins the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully we can eliminate the stupid penalties that are not the refs fault like D off sides and especially unsportsmanlike conduct. -- thought of a poll. :D :yell:

<b>What are you talking about? If it is about the spike with 1 second left, it wasn't like you were gonna score on the next play.</b>

No, I am talking about all officiating for almost all of the teams this year. But thanks for thinking I'm on your level!

<b>i can't believe these idiot bills fans.</b>

Only a "smart" person doesn't capitalize the letter (i) when using it in the first person, right?

<b>I wish they would hire young, full time officials!</b>

Exactly!

<b>Maybe they will call a good game</b>

Let's hope :)

<b>Hopefully we can eliminate the stupid penalties that are not the refs fault</b>

Agree, that WOULD help, and they DO call good ones, SOMETIMES!

Back
Top Bottom