It's Grass....dope....who cares? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Grass....dope....who cares?

Yeah sorry Justa - I got the bag of chives for my wife and the weed mixed up. My wife's chive salad however, went down a treat with the dinner guests!

Boomer said:
See I don't smoke it myself, in fact I'm not bothered one way or another. My point, which seems to have been lost a little is that the punishment should fit the crime. Yes it's wrong in the eyes of the law, per se, but c'mon. It's laughable really.

granted, the fine is excessive, well, to us "regular" ppl anyway. If the punishment fit the crime, then $500 should cover it. but since a punishment is suppoed to be a deterrent, i don't think many athletes would give it a second thought. Their punishment would have to be more in order to have amy kind of effiectiveness. However, as i said, I don't have a problem with it at all as long as the rule is applied fairly and equally among all. These guys know the rules well in advance and if they think that lightly of them, well, sorry about that.

Boomer said:
Even if Ricky did fail a drugs test for smoking weed, who cares? I'm mean really? Who give a stuff? Yes he'll get fined, but damn, I could care less that he got caught smoking grass.

But I say, who gives a toss? Not me.

I care you flamin liberal! LOL....j/k Boom...

Seriously though, I don't like the idea. It's upsetting and disappointing to me if it turns out he has been up to no good. It's not like I expect ricky to be perfect, but that's just an area that I have a particular dislike for as a coach and Dad.

Moreover, I have kids that I'm also trying to to raise and teach to stay away from that crap. My youngest (age 8 ) would be seriously upset if he heard the news about Ricky smoking weed.

Justasportsfan said:
RW:" I was gonna run 100 yds, until I got high. I was gonna score 3 td's until I got high. Now I'm all suspeneded and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high"

:roflmao:

Legalize It...

If it wasn't for weed, or the accusation of weed, we wouldn't have gotten Dan Marino at the #27 Spot. lol..

In all seriousness. NFL players go through massive pain during the week.
I know for a fact that marijuanna helps to deal with that better.
BUT rules are rules and even the former 'Rasta' Ricky has to follow them.
We need him too much for us to lose him over a joint (blunt) or two.

Thing that bugs me out is that now we know why he cut that hair. The residue stays in your hair, and keeps the levels of use detectable even after you've stopped for a while. He might need to take off the Goatee too before the next test. We can't afford to lose him for 4 games. I like Travis Minor, but we NEED Ricky to RUN..

who cares. many of us could lose our jobs, or be denied one, or security clearances etc. if we fail a drug test. It's a d@mn good thing that the NFL isn't as strict as most people's professional careers are or else there'd be an awful lot of them looking for work. Excessive fine? Yes, perhaps. However, IMHO he (and others) should be lucky and glad that they only have to pay a large fine to go on and continue to make millions when the rest of us aren't given 4 chances before being suspended for a season.

Do I give a $hit what he did? Yes and no. No cuz I know it's just a joint, yes b/c none of us know how often he does it and what else he may be doing. I'm not going extremist here, but if someone covers up one thing you don't know what else he's covering up. More or less....who cares. Point is, other adults are expected to be responsible enough to follow rules of work and laws in order to keep our jobs to put a roof over our family's heads and food on the table while others sometimes feel as though their millions of dollars etc. make them different. He should count himself lucky, learn from it, be more responsible and move on so he can keep making millions. Go smoke whatever the hell he wants AFTER he's done making his millions. Easy enough.

Boomer said:
Even if Ricky did fail a drugs test for smoking weed, who cares? I'm mean really? Who give a stuff? Yes he'll get fined, but damn, I could care less that he got caught smoking grass. Seriously. He's not Jimmy Smith or Rae Carruth or Nate Newton. Knowing Ricky's personality, I'd be amazed if he didn't smoke it. I have a friend who went to UT and who said that he would often see Ricky smoking grass at parties. I tended not to believe it - he is a Pats fan after all - but still, at the end of the day - I don't think he's going to turn into Tony Montana any time soon.

This will doubtless be blown out of proportion on a scale similar to that of the Janet Jackson breast incident. But I say, who gives a toss? Not me.

I really have to wonder in amazement at this type of sentiment.
The drug policy is a RULE in the workplace that pays Ricky MILLIONS of dollars. Ricky Williams has an OBLIGATION to the NFL and especially the Miami Dolphins who are paying his Millions in salary to follow those rules.
This is a career like any other career and anyone knows that if you want to keep your career you have to follow the rules of whatever organization you are working for correct?

Who gives a toss?
Well if your a fan of the Miami Dolphins and expect one of the leaders of your team to LEAD and actually play in games then you should care. As should the NFL and the Miami Dolphins.
Nothing is blown out of proportion here, it is a problem.

Boomer said:
See I don't smoke it myself, in fact I'm not bothered one way or another. My point, which seems to have been lost a little is that the punishment should fit the crime. Yes it's wrong in the eyes of the law, per se, but c'mon. It's laughable really.

If you want to debate the moral side that's a different story.
I could give a rats arse if he chose to smoke on a moral side.
The point is that Ricky knows the rules, he is a marquee player on the Phins, a player the Phins pay millions to be on the field and leading the team.
Choosing to smoke is no different than him choosing not to play because that is in essence what he is deciding to do by breaking the rules he knows are there.

Just plain stupid.

What if he lights up prior to a game against the Pats and he fumbles the ball to their D and they score? Would any of you who don't care, care then?

Back
Top Bottom