Its obvious that Saban doesnt think.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its obvious that Saban doesnt think....

Finfan14

Practice Squad
Reaction score
there is a CB or OL that will be around at #16 that is worth the pick.

It is going to be a Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes, whoever is there. If both are there it will be Holmes. I actually think Chad Jackson is going to be a major bust in the league like the majority of other soft Gator WR's.

Holmes is a better player.

Chad Jackson is going to be a stud, I have 0 doubt about that

He has amazing speed and his hands are like glue

In the skill challenge they fire balls at like 70 mph at you, he reached out and snagged one on his fingertips with one hand....flat out amazing

Id be disapointed if we took Holmes over Jackson, even though I think Holmes is also a very good player

I don't think it means that Saban thinks a CB or OL is a bad or unworthy pick at 16 in this draft. His philosophy all along has been to take the BPA. Filling in those obvious holes gives him the flexibility to do that. BTW I do like Chad Jackson so I wouldn't complain about the pick. I just don't think we can draw the conclusion that he is the pick based upon Saban's FA pursuits.

Finfan14 said:
there is a CB or OL that will be around at #16 that is worth the pick.

It is going to be a Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes, whoever is there. If both are there it will be Holmes. I actually think Chad Jackson is going to be a major bust in the league like the majority of other soft Gator WR's.

Holmes is a better player.
The difference between Chad Jackson and the other "soft" Gators WRs is that Jackson is over 200 pounds and plays physical while the others are small and speedy types.
One other thing, Saban has seen Jackson play in person.

If you are going to judge a player by the others that came before him, then you can say that Holmes will be a problem child for the team that drafts him.

I love Holmes, but I don't see us taking him over Jackson. He dosn't possess the size that Jackson does and is a similar playing style in my mind to Chambers. If we added a WR I would rather see a contrast in playing styles and thats what Jackson brings to the table.

id love to have either of the 2 we need a burner out there. but id much rather go defense. adding a blazing speed type wr is alot of weapons though...

Ive just never been impressed with Jackson's production on the field. He's definitely not as physical as some make him out to be on this board. Though his timed speed was impressive i think he's lacking in the football speed department. If we were to pick a reciever in the first (which I seriously doubt we would), theres no doubt i'd grab Holmes. He's a proven playmaker and a threat to score everytime he has the ball.

rafael said:
I don't think it means that Saban thinks a CB or OL is a bad or unworthy pick at 16 in this draft. His philosophy all along has been to take the BPA. Filling in those obvious holes gives him the flexibility to do that. BTW I do like Chad Jackson so I wouldn't complain about the pick. I just don't think we can draw the conclusion that he is the pick based upon Saban's FA pursuits.
I agree.

Chad Jackson is much better than Holmes.

MadLib said:
Ive just never been impressed with Jackson's production on the field. He's definitely not as physical as some make him out to be on this board. Though his timed speed was impressive i think he's lacking in the football speed department. If we were to pick a reciever in the first (which I seriously doubt we would), theres no doubt i'd grab Holmes. He's a proven playmaker and a threat to score everytime he has the ball.
Before Meyers got to Florida I would have agreed with you but Meyers challenged everyone to become tougher and more physical. It is that physical play that allowed Jackson to have an All-SEC season. Hopefully he can continue that physical play in the NFL.

I watched all of Jacksons games last year and he is very consistent and was go to guy on third downs. They did not send him done field as much as the other receivers but he can stretch the field if you need him to. His hands are too good so they run him on a lot of short patterns. He can also go deep if needed.

Our Gators QBs strength was not the deep ball.

I think Chad Jackson is going to be a Superstar! I really hope we can draft him if we are going to draft any WR. However if we draft a Need Position I would be happy however I think a 3rd WR is a huge need! There was no serious 3rd WR last year and with Daunte's arm the deep passing game will be better than ever and Jackson's Speed would be great!

I would not be shocked if we drafted

Ko Simpson
Winston Justice
Chad Jackson
Corner there are sooooo many!

fishbanger said:
Our Gators QBs strength was not the deep ball.
It wasn't that the QBs strength wasn't the deep ball, it was the O-Line inability to block for more than two seconds to allow the deep ball to be thrown with any accuracy.

I disagree I feel Saban treats the FA signing period and the draft as two seperate periods.

If he adds lets say a FA CB that to me doesnt mean he feels the draft class is weak he simply may feel that getting a good player now makes more sense then waiting and not knowing positively that he can add that player.
Plus it allows him more flexibility come draft day..if the BPA is again lets say a CB he can now either trade the pick, draft for need, or add depth to that particular position.

I've been in the Jackson bandwagon for a while now.....I just wanna see an offence with Ronnie, Randy,Booker,CC and Jackson and then Pep back there....you wanna play your safeties up to stop Ronnie? We'll throw the ball....you back off your safeties and we'll run it at you...pick your poison.....with those 3 WR's,TE and Ronnie this offence would be more complete than in the Dan area, not cos Pep is better but the fact that we'd have more balance with Ronnie back there....I think Jackson makes sense but we need to get Lavar or Julian.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom